A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Saturday 25 February 2017

Card for a New Home.

Right,I made this card a few weeks ago, and with waiting for it to arrive, then going into hospital, I've just realised that I hadn't blogged it.

The main stamp is by Hobby Art, from a set called 'Hares'. We spotted this at The Happy Stampers Festival last year, and as Doug pointed out, it would be perfect for anything for LLJ, as she is known for her love of Hares. So when Jan announced they were moving to Wales, and that they had a date for moving in, I remembered this stamp set.
This is the journal I was trying out some scenes using Card-io stamps in a while back, and I can't figure why I've never done this before, instead of winging it and hoping for the best. I've always got a stack of scrap paper under my work, and have occasionally done a test imprint on that, but never tried figuring out placement and colour.
 Anyhow, first off I stamped him in black, then built up the grasses around him using an assortment of green dye inkpads, and some stamps from an Inkylicious set called 'Essential Grasses'. Which it is, I think. A great selection of types of grass.








I didn't think I liked the black version, so instead tried it in Archival Rich Cocoa, which is what I went with for the card.
 When I stamped him onto the card base, I also stamped another onto Post-its, so I could mask him when I wanted to add the sky.
 The hare was coloured with Distress Markers in Antique Linen, and Walnut stain, using a waterbrush to drag the colour.
Bit of a jump here to the finished scene, when I realised I'd forgotten to take any 'in the process' pictures!
 I stamped the hare in Archival Rich Cocoa, then the grasses surrounding him in Adirondack Meadow and Lettuce.
 Tearing some scrap paper into hill shapes, I used a soft brush to create the hills with the Adirondack greens again.
Using Adirondack Sunshine Yellow and Sunset Orange, along with a dry baby wipe, I created a sunrise behind the hills, then put the mask over the hare.
Again using a soft brush I applied Adirondack Stonewashed all over the sky area, then added Sailboat Blue onto the upper portion of the sky, to get a sort of mottled look.
 A portion of fencing from another Hobby Art set was stamped in Archival Black onto one hilltop, then an Inkylicious Flock of Birds, and a butterfly added.


 The corners were rounded off- this little rounder from X-Cut is actually really good, better than other cheap ones I've had. I do have the Corner Chompers, but this one was handy.

 I matted the image onto dark blue cardstock, then rounded those corners too.
 Next it needed a sentiment, and one of the Phill Martin sets I've bought recently, Mini Baroque Occasions Set, has a New Home one in it.
 That was stamped in Archival Cobalt in the upper left of the scene.
I mounted the image onto a 7" square card base, then tied a blue and white spotted chiffon ribbon along the bottom.
 And then it was done.

Stamps Used:
 Hobby Art, March Hares
Hobby Art, Woodland Glade( Hillside fence)
Inkylicious, Essential Grasses
Inkylicious Take Flight( lots of bird flocks)
Inkylicious Playful Cats ( Butterfly)
 Phill Martin Mini Baroque Occasions Sentiment Set.


16 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Shaz,love your hare image and the meadow scene, lovely colouring too. A great idea to have a note book for trial and error, I do it for knitting but never thought of it for card making.
Hope you are keeping well and still improving, Kate x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card, and knowing how Jan loves hares, perfect too!

Elizabeth said...

Fab card and I love that stamp - it's perfect for LLJ, Shaz. Guess who has just been over to Hobby Art and the hare has jumped into my basket along with another set that was just too lovely to leave! What are you doing to me??? Hugs, Elizabeth xx

The Hardy Stamper said...

What a great card! I've now decided that the essential grasses would be essential in my craft room too! I'll have to look out for that set at Port Sunlight next time.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It was even gorgeouser in reality!! Thank you for creating such a beautiful card for us..we loved it 😊💖😊💖😊
Xxxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Was going to say how much the A's would have liked it and as Is rolled down..there she blows! I like the story of how you did it, must say the cocoa ink pad was a great idea, and I do like the grasses. Liking you MO Missus!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very sweet bunny and it is really colored very nicely. I do like the little grasses and the ornate sentiment. It all goes so well.

misteejay said...

The Hare is adorable and you have created such a lovely scene on the card - no wonder LLJ loved it.
Toni xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Shaz, haven't been blogging much, things too busy, but popped over to see you and how things were, lovely hare image and agree with you re the Inkyliscious grasses, gorgeous.
Read WOYWW too, and glad you're snoozing as needed must confess I've been doing that of late myself.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Thank You Candy at Shaz in Oz Blog}

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous card Shaz! Sorry not to have been around much lately - note to self….must keep up!!! Hope you are feeling much better now and sleeping less! Hugs, Chrisx

Cara said...

This is just stunning, so sweet. Cara x

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

As soon as I saw the image in my blog feed I knew who it would be for. Perfect.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I so love this stamp. I have it but like so many I used it once and it's now stored away, what are we like!!! The grasses work so well with it too. Nice to see you crafting and hope you're feeling a better. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy crafty week,
Angela xXx

Neet said...

As soon as I saw that card on FB I had a feeling it was for LLJ. What a lovely way you have used that image, you must be so pleased with the way it turned out.
Hope you are feeling a bit better, well a lot really.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Andrea said...

loving the hare Shaz,he has a fab expression and what beautiful scenes youve created.spring is definately in the air.Crafty hugs Andrea x

Shoshi said...

This is a great card, Shaz, and I found the step by step techniques very interesting, particularly the masking of the hare and the colouring of it. I love the subtle landscape background and the sky, too.

Shoshi xx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...