A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 6 February 2017

Day 6 Doug's​ log: Star date 05/02/2017.23.20


Theres the bird , a happy one at that as you can tell from the picture .

A stark contrast from the day before when she was in pain, what a difference a day can make.

Well What can I say, So what changed i hear you all ask?...
Well  Sid has woken up and has been chatty today lol
We are most deffitaterly on a roll here, the drain is out Shaz is still on oxygen and they are looking at reducing it tomorrow to see how she copes without it. All the bloodworks have came back fine with one major exception .... Glucose it would appear that shaz is now diabetic, we are not quite sure how you can go into hospital none diabetic and come out needing tablets for it but there you go..





  A picture on the right shows how much trouble Shaz has given them when it comes to trying to get a line it . So inconsiderate if you ask me .

On the subject of coming out they have pencilled her provisionally for wednesday , I am guessing we are going to be looking at afternoon/evening time . but done quote me on that.

Hopefully we will know for sure tomorrow .

Well that's the lot from me tonight, apologies for how late the post was, I was at work 6-2 this morning then had to get a few hours kip when i got back as i stay up the night before my return to night shift. Then I got up and went straight over to the hospital for a couple of hours .

I have just gotten back, put the dryer on, sorted out the mail and then started this post. Now I am going to do myself a nice steak sandwich on a crusty cheese topped baguette :)

Edit

 my dinner




19 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello you amazing lady! Lots of love to you. So pleased to see you sat up and looking well. Thanks for all the updates Doug. Love to you both. šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š

My name is Cindy said...

Lovely to see you Shaz!! Hope you escape Wednesday, be good to be back home I guess. Bummer about the diabetes, strange how it hasn't come up before, probably the last thing you were expecting. Doug is such a superstar! Love hearing your upbeat updates Doug - enjoy your supper. Love n hugs, Cindy

Rita said...

Gosh Shaz, you're looking good considering all that you have come through. But be a good girl and do what they tell you and you'll be back among us once again. Doug has been great keeping us up to date with your progress etc. Speak to you soon. Lots of comfortable gentle Hugs. Rita xxx

Doug Brooks said...

quick edit to post the gratuitous picture of a steak sandwich

The Hardy Stamper said...

How lovely to see Shaz looking happier and feeling a bit better. Shame about the diabetes though. Your steak sandwich looks amazing Doug - I bet that Shaz would rather have had that than hospital food!

Helen said...

Great to see you Shaz looking so good, if not a little bruised! Take care, both of you!

Elizabeth said...

Good to see Shaz looking so much improved, Doug, and glad to hear she will be home soon. As for the diabetes - that's a shock! You need to keep your strength up and that steak sandwich looks just the job. Take care, both of you. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Annie said...

This is just what I've been waiting for....and it's well worth the wait Doug so please don't worry. I'm so thrilled to see Shaz looking so well. Diabetes? ....tell her she's in good company now. Sending you both big hugs.......keep up the good work on that road to recovery.
Annie x

Kathyk said...

Sadly, Doug, dinner doesn't look overly healthy!!! That, said Shaz is looking good. Sorry to read about the diabetes though, but you can both deal with that once she's home - HOME? Sounding awfully good right now

All the best

Kathyk

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That's so good to see Shaz sitting up and looking more like herself again! Hugs to you both, I hope your sandwich was tasty Doug šŸ˜ƒ

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah smiles all around ...a blessing indeed, great to see Shaz coping better, much relief and answered prayer... praying on.
Curious re diabetic now, may change again let's hope, and love the steak dinner, well done on finishing so well, such a big day Doug!!
Shaz in Oz.x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely to see you looking so well after your ordeal, hope you feel much better today. Doug's done a fabulous job of keeping us informed and supporting you.
Lorraine

Barb said...

How wonderful it is to see you sitting up with a smile on your face Shaz. You're one sassy lady and you've got a good one there supporting you too. Sending Love. Barbxx

505whimsygirl said...

Hello Shaz!!! So good to see you sitting up and looking so well. Finding a vein can be tricky; so glad your pain isn't as bad today. Wishing you well and much love and virtual hugs.

Kay

PS. Thank you Doug for keeping up posted. You are the perfect other half of Shaz. Much love between you two - it spills out of both of you!!

Lisca said...

Hi Shaz! Great to see a photo of you looking perky. Oh what a bummer about the diabetes. Perhaps you only have a temporary high blood sugar, as that can happen. If not, it's not a big deal and can be sorted with diet and tablets. But it's another thing on the list(sigh) I hear you say.... Yes, I do understand.
Oh dear, those bruses. Poor you! Once you've had chemo therapy, your veins are shot. But some members of staff are more experienced than others unfortunately. With chemo-damaged veins you really need someone who can find those thin, wriggly veins quickly...
It's good to know Sid has finally woken up. I knew he would.
Doug, you are a star man! You certainly deserve your 'mean' steak baghette!Thank you for the update.
Hugs to both of you,
Lisca

Monica said...

Get better fast. Thinking of you and send lots of good thoughts from Texas, so they are big ones.
Love and Hugs to both of you
Monica

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh it is nice to see you Shaz, looking remarkable given your circs! am very relieved and delighted to read that things proceed towards a homecoming, so much easier to be at home. Xxxxxx

Kyla said...

Great update Doug...nice trendy beer too šŸ˜Š Well hidden veins on shaz...that's probably because they know what is coming šŸ˜ƒ

CraftygasheadZo said...

Thanks for update Doug - please give shaz all my love. Zo x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...