A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 5 February 2017

Day 5 Doug's​ log: Star date 05/02/2017.13:43

Shaz had a pretty good night's sleep , she is being moved onto the ward this afternoon . She has had the arterial line out (the one to monitor blood pressure etc) and the drain is looking good with no bubbles during normal breathing (may be different when the physiotherapist gets her doing exercises) so things are looking very positive at the moment. She does still have one in her foot for the antibiotics (not sure how long the course is) . She has had a sit out in the chair and a strip wash that I helped with, her tummy feels quite firm at the moment  that maybe because of Sid not doing anything as yet, the location doesn't seem right to be surgery related but I could be and mostly likely completely wrong ha ha xx.
All positive so far today too

16 comments:

Annie said...

Sounds like all movement is in the right direction ....apart from Sids. I'm sure things will return to normal with Sid once Shaz can be a bit more mobile....the drugs don't help these things. Sending big hugs.
Annie x

Elizabeth said...

Now that's a happier update, Doug. Things sound much more positive and hopefully all will return to normal soon. xxxx

Barb said...

Some good positive news Douglas. Barbx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Great news to hear that everything's moving in the right direction. Sandra x

cuilliesocks said...

Good to hear that Shaz had a better night and that most things are moving right along, LOL!! Kate x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh that's good to hear things are better. šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–

Rita said...

A step in the right direct then Doug. Give her my love and tell her we are all rooting for her too. Hugs Rita xxx

The Hardy Stamper said...

Good to hear that things are looking more positive today. Thanks for the update Doug and please give Shaz my love.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I totally think the SId thing is about the change in routine, the antibiotics and such things. Glad that HDU don't need her any more, gently does it though, both of you. Xxxxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah good to hear of little by little things picking up, and glad she doesn't need aerterial lines I had three for different reasons, and they seemed to hurt the most. Sending prayer for strength for you Doug and healing for Shaz. Esp that her system starts to work well.

Tell her Shoshi had to have emergency major surgery on 2nd but on mend now, like Shaz just a little by Little though. Pray no infection and antibiotics can be stopped,
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Good news - hoping Sid doesn't hold out for much longer! Thinking of you both! Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisca said...

That's good to hear. Sid has been knocked unconcious as well during the operation, and needs time to get moving again. I'm sure he'll move soon again.
Give Shaz my love when you next see her.
Thanks very much for the update,
Lisca

Neet said...

Rooting for Sid to get in action!
Glad to hear Shaz is up in a chair and has had a better day.
Love to the both of you.
Neet xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

So pleased to hear things are going well. Sending big gentle hugs. Angela xxx

My name is Cindy said...

Glad to hear she is doing well. Thanks for the update. Love n hugs Cindy x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...