As I said in the last post, I decided to try some masterboards using Distress Stains. I admit that generally I've bought the more vibrant, zingy colours, so I'm never going to get subtle backgrounds till I invest some more money in Tims offerings.
Anyhow, the first one was streaked with Wild Honey, Squeezed Lemonade and Carved Pumpkin.
Then, flicking through my stencils folder I spotted this one, by Paper Artsy, which I was enabled into by Helen (Stamping By H) back last year. It looked the sort of thing that would be really useful at the time. I overstencilled by sponging on in Carved Pumpkin, then in Ripe Persimmon.
Setting that aside to dry, I started with Salty Ocean on the next one, followed by some Dusty Concord. I'd got into the stencilling now, so used two Tim Holtz stencils on this one, Mesh and Shattered, which I think looks just like cobwebs.
I used Seedless Preserves for the stencilling this time round.
Now I switched back to the DI pads, so I could get some lighter backgrounds, and the first one up I failed to photograph until I'd got to the stencilling bit, but it's shades of purple-Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord and Wilted Violet. First stencil was Tim Holtz Honeycomb,inked in Wilted Violet.The flourishes stencil is called Mini Capricious, and the clocks stencil Mini Time Travel, both by The Crafters Workshop, both inked in Blueprint Sketch.
The next stencil I'm using I hope you can see in the picture, is one of a variety of sized circles, which I cut on my Silhouette machine, from OHP film. This also got inked with Wilted Violet.
For the next piece I went back to the leaves stencil,onto a background done with Squeezed Lemonade,Mustard Seed, Shabby Shutters and Twisted Citron.The leaves were stencilled first in Shabby Shutters, then in Wild Honey, and finally with a baby wipe through the stencil to remove some ink and give a ghosting effect.
Final sheet of Distress Backgrounds, and I used quite a lot of colours on this one. I went through all the pinks, just building up colour.
Then I brought in Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Carved Pumpkin.
I started stencilling with Wilted Violet again, and the stencil is a Clarity stencil, a circle of stars and dots.I just used parts of the circle, and moved the stencil around to give me a scattering of stars. The branches, in Picked Raspberry, are from a stencil by Imagination Crafts, I think called Bird Houses.
Now the first ones had dried, I started adding some stamping. Using Candied Apples and Blueprint Sketch DI's, I stamped 3 different dragonflies over the orange background.
The green and yellow sheet had 3 different butterflies stamped in Lucky Clover and Cracked Pistachio.
As I'd stencilled what looked like cobwebs on this one, I continued the theme with a skull stamp ( Stamp Addicts Sheet, Skulltastic), a dancing skeleton,( Lost Coast Stamps), and a flight of birds from a Cherry Pie Artstamps sheet,Dark Boundaries. The skull was stamped in Blueprint Sketch DI, the rest in Seedless Preserves.
On this one I stamped a dandelion head from an Inkylicious set, called Make a Wish.The flock of birds stamp is also Inkylicious, a Twinchie stamp, both stamped in Seedless Preserves.
The stamping on this one was again Inkylicious stamps, a clocks set called Timepieces. I used Chipped Sapphire DI to stamp in.
So thats the DI pieces. Whilst I was making a mess, I thought I'd have another play with some Brusho's.
I was interested at first to see what other colours you get, when using a single colour group. This sheet only has blues on it, but you can clearly see some purples forming from the powder.
So I did the same with greens, and here there are yellows, oranges, reds and even some faint blues, just from green powders. The olive green did seem to burst into the widest range of colours.
Ditto with yellows, we have oranges and browns too.
In fact, reds seemed the only colours to stay true.
Then I started getting random- I love the almost organic shapes you get forming. This was water misted onto the paper first, then the powder sprinkled on.
This was powder first, then spritz.
This one was lightly sprinkled with powder, then lightly misted.Less water gives you a more confined spread.
This one started out by being pressed onto the one directly above to mop up some of the water, than I added a few more powders.