A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 16 January 2011

Easel card 3


This card uses a stamp called Flying Stars, Penny Black 3636K. I stamped in black Versafine twice  onto card that had been brayered with Adirondack Shell Pink, just using one colour to build up over the card. I added an acrylic gem to the centre of each flower, and a small padded butterfly to the top of the image.This was then matted onto black card and trimmed. The actual card was cut to the width of the stamped panel and scored & folded. For the base of the card, I cut a panel of pink flowery vellum, and edged it with a pink peel-off border.To make up the base 'stopper', I cut a small panel from the offcut of the base card, and added a punched border  made from white paper using a Dovecraft border punch.I wrapped a length of pink organza ribbon around this then added  a stamped sentiment using an offcut from the brayered pink card. Two Nesties from the Long Classic Scalloped Rectangles Small set were used to cut this out & matt onto black card .Silicone glue was used to adhere this over the ribbon, then three acrylic heart gems added to the panel, also with silicone glue.Once the base was complete, I stuck the image to the easel with DST.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Woohoo love all these ....I have posted a link from my blog to you here cos I just love the work you are doing and I have ordered loads of stampscape stamps cos of you and Shaz in Oz !!!....Super work Eileen xxx

JoZart Designs said...

Lovely easel cards and good tips too. I love easel cards as they look difficult yet are so easy to make. Thanks for the snoop,
joZarty x

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the color combo and that 3-d butterfly just pops off the card. Very pretty! :)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Thanks for the detailed instructions Shaz, I guess these were here before and did not see them!! I have found somewhere in US that sells the stamps but too dear to get both or even one at present maybe when I sell some things on eBay!! am on a ban at present.. have to do that or I am toooo bad! just love them both though, wish you could get them unmounted as could only find them on woodblock. That makes them dearer.
love and God bless,
Shaz in oz.x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...