A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Saturday 1 January 2011

Lakeside Cove at Sunset

Smooth white card brayered with Adirondack Sunshine Yellow and Butterscotch. A reverse mask from a post it note added to the top centre, and Distress Ink Wild Honey brayered across for the setting sun. Stampscapes Lakeside Cove, 049G, stamped in black Staz-on and allowed to dry. Reverse mask reapplied over the water, and the reflected sun brayered with Wild Honey again.A little colour sponged onto the rocks with Adirondack Espresso.The image was cut out with the next to largest die from Nestabilities, petite scalloped ovals, and a bronze mat cut with the largest size, this one also embossed. A sheet of distressed brown paper from  the Papermania Simply Elegant paper pack was used to cover a DL card blank.A length of toning ribbon was wrapped around the card front, and stuck down with DST where the image would be placed.The image was mounted with DST also. Three small squares with bits of image on were cut from the remains of the die cut image and matted onto bronze card  and adhered to the lower right corner, and a sentiment label was made using another scrap.

7 comments:

sarahw said...

Your work is truly beautiful! I am in awe of your cards:)

Elizabeth said...

What a stunning card - another visitor in awe! Love it. Happy 2011

Tina Connolly said...

Amazing! ... As always!
Happy New Year!
hugs
Tina

Erin said...

Oh wow! That image is amazing!! SO beautiful - your blog leaves me in awe!

Donna Heber said...

So beautiful and peaceful. Love your sunset!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Shaz, just posted my Stampscapes so if you want to check them out you can I put a link to you page on it :) hope this was okay as it was you that encouraged me to do these yesterday. Will let you know when I post part two if you like it is a great brayer method I discovered early in the piece when i was just playing around have not seen it anywhere else it is totally original as far as I know but guess someone may have done it somewhere!! :)
see post
http://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.com/2011/01/stampscapes-brayer-fun-part-one.html
love and God bless,
Shaz in Oz.x

kathi17 said...

Gorgeous! I am having so much fun browsing your blog. I love your scenes!

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...