A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 16 January 2011

Easel Card 1


This is the first of the Easel cards made with some of the stuff off my desk for WOYWW this week. I thought I would have a go at easels, and they are really very easy & effective. I have put a short tutorial on a page HERE for the folds and construction. The stamped panel was brayered with Adirondack Sandal, Lemonade and Citrus then left to dry. The image is called Aspire by Penny Black, and was stamped three times across the panel. I inked up the stems using Distress Forest Moss, and added the flower colour using Cats Eye Terracotta then the flowers had sparkly embossing powder added and heated. The panel was then cut into three, with the centre one being slightly larger, and matted onto dark red card. I cut my base card to the width of my stamped image, then scored and folded to create the easel.The part the card will stand on was covered in a dark green paper. I trimmed down the offcut from my card to make the panel that is the stopper.A piece of clear vellum was embossed with the D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder, cut down to slightly larger than the card panel, then edge punched with a Fiskars Heart Border punch. I added this to the panel with a small piece of DST in the centre only, where it will be hidden by the sentiment.The sentiment was stamped & heat embossed onto an offcut of the red card, then onto an offcut of the dark green paper. A silver Heart brad was added at either end. The lacy panel was adhered to the card base with foam pads, then the sentiment added to this with silicone glue, so I could angle it upwards slightly. The image panel was then added to the card 'front' with DST, and a butterfly made from Fusible Fibres was stuck down with silicone glue.

   TIP: to emboss vellum successfully in a cuttlebug folder, either use a very thick vellum, as it is available in different weights just like card/paper, and PDA card & paper (link in the sidebar) do a nice thick one that works well, OR if your vellum is thinner, use two/three sheets in the folder at the same time- this helps prevent the vellum from tearing, as it does not stretch in the same way card or paper will.

9 comments:

Kim P said...

Very pretty! Love the three flower panels!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is very pretty, I love the use of the three panels and the lace.

Unknown said...

Very pretty, love the colors!

Donna Heber said...

Beautiful easel card Shaz! Love the flower background.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Shaz - thanks so much for paying me a visit! Love your easel cards (one of my fave. card designs) - they are all beautiful, and the stamped images create a perfect backdrop.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Helene said...

Hi, what a beautiful gard you've made!
Thank you for great advice on my blog! I hadn't thought of that at all, and I realize it's a great way to practice masking!
Can't wait to try it out :-)

Erin said...

This is simply elegant. I love the whole thing - you do such amazing work. Thank you so much for sharing and for the inspiration to try it myself!

Fiona said...

Stunning card Shaz - you have such a great eye for colour.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Shaz... did you know Eileen has a link to your blog too.. she loved my Stampscapes (and yours too) and so has linked to your blog on her latest post. See
http://eileenscraftyzone.blogspot.com/2011/01/red-black-and-white-thanks-to-shaz.html#comment-form
Love this one you have done too,interesting layout with the triptych. Very nice..
love Shaz In Oz.x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...