A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 30 January 2011

Pentacle Easel

I am still on a bit of an Easel  theme, this one took a bit of cutting and measuring to get right. The shape came about due to the shape of the stamp, which  is one bought off E-bay a few years ago, and I think it was a self-made one, as I have never seen anything like it anywhere else.It was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, this is the first time I have used this, and I can see why everyone loves it- the image is superb, even on glossy/coated card. The background was created using Tim Holtz method of swiping Distress pads onto a craft sheet & misting with water, then pressing the card onto it. My Craft sheet cost me £1 from Poundland, lol.I then trimmed the image to a pentagon, matted onto black & trimmed again. I made the easel fold in the card, then lay my image onto the folded part, and drew around the image. Next I trimmed the folded card front on these lines then stuck my image down with DST.The base was covered in a dark purple flowered vellum, and Birthday phrases in black were stuck around the edges.A small oval piece of Stampbord was coloured with Adirondack Black Soot and heat dried. then I stamped a Celtic design in Encore Silver and heat dried this Clear Embossing ink was tapped over the tile, and UTEE sprinkled over. I repeated this one more time, then coloured around the edge of the tile with a black Promarker. It was stuck in place with glue dots.

8 comments:

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I like this one too, Shaz. I can imagine the pentagon took a lot of measuring and a lot of patience. How did you attach your vellum to the base. With a large piece like that, I have used Stick and Stay before, but I am always looking for new ways of doing things.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, I actually used a Stix2 glue roller- a permanent one. Hence the wording around the edge, in case it showed anywhere- any glue always seems to show more on dark card than light, I think.

Jinny Holt said...

Good evening, love your cards and especially the background effect,very dramatic!!
I see you like the same type of films I do, love me vamp films and supernatural stuff!!

I'm following you now,so I don't miss any of your creations! :~)

TTFN

jINNY

Kim said...

I love this card! Thats a background technique I've been using a lot lately. And please let me know if you ever think you'll need to find a good home for that stamp! I would welcome it with open arms! LOL!

Unknown said...

My first time to your blog. I love the easle cards. Have never really seen one. I make the plain old folded one time ones.:>)

Fiona said...

Wow! That is truly fantastic in every way! You put so much care into your creations: not just the big image but all the little details that make the whole so much greater than just the sum of its parts.

I have something to share with you on my blog :)

Mary G. said...

Beautiful! I love the different shape of this card!! Great background technique! TFS!

Lavinia said...

OOooo I love that stamp!!! How lucky to get your hands on that. I reckon it must be a one off some clever arty someone made! Fantastic card you have done with it too! Really lovely!
Lavinia
x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...