A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 30 January 2011

Simple Easel

The background here is brayered using only Adirondack Pool. The Penny Black Aspire is stamped in Ancient Page Flannel Grey, 3 times with a first generation image and once with a second generation.It was trimmed and matted onto black card. I embossed a sheet of white card and a sheet of black card using the Cuttlebug folder 'Swiss Dots'. The card was cut to the length of the folder, and twice as wide, then it was was run through sideways to be able to emboss a piece big enough for the card. Any dots that were flattened were just re-embossed using a stylus with the card placed on the folder. The image was matted onto the white card, and the black piece was used for the base. Offcuts of both were used to make the matts for the sentiment, cut out with Nesties Long Classic Rectangles Small. The piece for the sentiment was also cut out with the same set, but from a plain piece of card. 4 pieces of ribbon in Black & Teal were tied in a bow and added to the corner.

4 comments:

Donna Heber said...

So pretty and elegant! I love those easel cards.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Shaz how I love this stamp am watching it on eBay and might get it in a few weeks when the card bill period begins..I am on a ban till then :(
The stamp goes so well with the brayer work and have another one which would so complement it...decided I like this one best of the two you had on your cards.. thanks for popping by on my brayer marble page and yes! it is fun method.. and yes knew you were in laws or outlaws with Maggie - not sure who told me..and yes! crafting is such fun and a real encouragement to ones heart when one is down..
love and God bless your day,
Shaz in Oz.xx

Helene said...

This is so pretty. Theres a peaceful feel to it, with the colors and the image.

Elizabeth said...

Hello Shaz, just popped over from Shaz in Oz's blog to peek at what you have created with the Aspire stamp - your card is beautiful. This stamp fell into my basket at the SECC Glasgow as I just could not resist it and I'm planning to give it an outing later today. Love how you have used it here. Elizabeth x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...