A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Friday 14 October 2016

Simple stencilled Christmas Cards.

 A total of 9 new cards, using two different stencils, and one Greeting stamp.






The stamp is from Honey Doo crafts, called Mini Happy Christmas. It measures 2 1/4" x 4", so it's actually quite a good size.










The two stencils are ST Poinsettia Multi from Imagination Crafts, and one called Snow Flurry by That Special Touch,from Creative Expressions.



 Both measure approximately 6" square.





I stamped up a batch of the greetings, to give me some choice, using a Clear Embossing pad, and an assortment of WOW! embossing powders I bought from Chloes Creative Cards at the Happy Stampers last week. Looking at the labels, it says they are inspired by Chloe Endean, and the set is called Festive Collection. I also used a couple of my own mix of sparkly embossing powders.
It's simple to mix your own, just remember to have more EP than glitter in your mix, I'd say no more than a quarter glitter to EP.

These little boxes of tiny tubs are ideal for doing this and storing them in- from E-bay, they are empty nail art pots.
So, on to the cards.







This one with the blue snowflakes, I'd done in White Stencil Paste, then sprinkled with a blue glitter before it dried.
It's matted onto some shiny textured blue paper I had. As the paper was quite thin, I mounted it onto some spare cardstock first, then trimmed it down to size.
 The greeting for this one was embossed with an EP called 'Arctic Blue'. I matted the greeting onto the same paper, and as it was being attached to a glittery and uneven surface, I used Pinflair Glue to do this.
Just a few blobs is all you need.







I debated whether to put it straight, or at an angle. The angle won!
All the cards use a 7"x7" square card base.



This gold one had one of my own mix EP's on it. It's a mix of gold Ultrafine Glitter & Stampendous Embossing Powder in Gold Detail.
 The Poinsettia  background was done with Gold Sparkle Stencil paste this time.






Silver Sparkle Stencil paste used here, and my own Silver Glitter embossing powder.





Silver Paste again, and the same Embossing powder. Just silver ultrafine glitter and Stampendous Silver Detail EP.



This one had white Stencil Paste sprinkled with Crystal glitter, and the EP is called  'Jingle Bells'.




Three red Poinsettia stencils, two done with Red Sparkle stencil paste, and one with white paste, sprinkled with red glitter. The EP is called 'Sparkling Poinsettia'.
 They are backed onto gold glitter card, as I discovered I had no red glitter card at all.







Final card is using Green Sparkle Stencil Paste, and the Greeting is embossed with 'Golden Pine' EP.






Final touch was to add some acrylic gems to the centre of the snowflakes, and on the dot above the 'i' in Christmas.


   The same thing with the centre of the poinsettias, two have clear gems, and one has red ones.


Red gems used on the silver, gold and green ones.

3 comments:

misteejay said...

Beautiful cards Shaz. I love all the super colours you have used.
Toni xx

LisaDV said...

Beautiful cards - all of them. But I'm drooling over the blue glitter snowflake card.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow, Shaz these are really lovely!! Shaz in Oz.x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...