A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 5 October 2016

WOYWW #383

Well that week flew past! Seems like only a couple of days ago we were linking up with Julia, at The Stamping Ground for a worldwide desk hop, and here we are again.
 Actual crafting in progress on my desk this week.
I was having a bit of a tidy- I decided I'd put all my bits of Christmas papers into one of those plastic wallets-bought some from Poundland for the job. Came across these stamped out images at the bottom of the box, so I've cut them down, and adding a little colour to them. Distress Ink Tumbled Glass onto my craft mat, and using a paintbrush & water to paint around the edges of the image, then pull the colour in.
A handful done, and they are not looking too bad.


This is a really old set, from Woodware.
Small pot of water on top of a folded sheet of kitchen towel. the theory being that *when* I end up knocking it over, the paper will catch it before it makes too much mess.

Other than that, I bought an SU stamp set, and a diagonal scoring board via our Fiona ( Staring at the Sea).
Fiona did tell me it was supposed to fit into a base, without which I wouldn't have the measurements, but as I only really wanted it to score with, not make boxes or projects, I was fine. I already have  more scoring boards than is strictly necessary.
 However, just out of interest, I tried it with a couple. It *almost* fits the Hougie board, just a tad too wide.
 But what I did find is that it will fit perfectly onto a Martha Stewart score board.

So that may be a money saver for someone right there.


The card fronts on my desk last week have been turned into cards, and they are posted below this.
There are a lot of pics coming up, from our trip to Happy Stampers, so I've put them all at the end, so you can skip over if you like. This really is a fantastic craft show, and well worth the visit. All about stamping/papercrafting, not another craft in sight. I can highly recommend a visit, if you've never been.




Sarah, Helen, me and Chris, with Neet behind us.












Mark & Helen from Visible Image.







And Pauline Butcher & her Other Half. Pauline does lots of the samples both for the shows and for the TV programmes, which she co-demos on with Mark.









With the lovely Lucy Ellis from Sweet Poppy stencils, who I learned so much from watching at a demo a while back.





Having a drink and a spot of lunch.
Ye gods, my hair needs dying, lol.





 
And yes, some shopping was done! Paper Artsy, Seth Apter and Hobby Art.







 This was a real bargain- 4 items for a tenner. So I had a three pack die set, 2 packs of card- 50 sheets of 280gsm in each- and a 12x12 Gorjuss pack.



Honey Doo stamps, some WOW embossing glitters, and some gorgeous colours of Honey Doo's own embossing glitter. Some Gilding Flakes too.




Couldn't resit some Sweet Poppy stencils, and not on here but some of their own glitters too.




And lastly some stamps again- Lavinia,Card-io, Visible Image and Indigo Blu.


Finally, on our way home.
The heavens opened, it totally hammered down. The shocking part was how few drivers had any lights on in such poor visibility.




About 5 miles on, no sign of rain or clouds anywhere!
Well, if you made it to here, well done! You'll probably have seen photos on the others blogs, but I can say it was lovely to meet up and we had a great day.





34 comments:

Judys Lace Creations said...

What happy photos of your catch-up with other "Deskers". What a fab lot of goodies. Those shows are a bit overwhelming aren't they? The weather must be slowly turning where you are. love Autumn!
Judy #5

Bridget Larsen said...

It looks like the whole of WOYWW that lives in England went out together LOL. what lovely stuff you all got. Yes I know what you mean about people not putting their lights on very annoying and dangerous
Bridget #3

Helen said...

Glad you made it home through that deluge on the motorway... we got a tad damp walking back to the hall from the garden centre (tea and cake break) lol!! Love your stash haul, you did well! Fantastic to see you and Doug again too. xx Helen #2

misteejay said...

Love those polar bears.
Looks like you had a super time and lots of lovely goodies too.
Idiots who don't use their headlights in poor conditions really wind me up - do they think they are saving on the electric or something? I always remember what my Dad told me when I first started to drive - "...you might think you can see okay but your lights are to ensure that others can see you!".
Have a great week.
Toni xx

sandra de said...

Always lovely to see you in pics and catching up with other woyww. Looks like a great craft show and definitely some interesting goodies in your pics. Love the cards from your previous post.
sandra de @12

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I have really enjoyed seeing all the fab photos of you lovely gals together - the close up of you and Neet on Helen's blog is fab :-) I'm so glad that you got there and had such a good time. Those polar bears were a real find at the bottom of the box eh, they're so cute!
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxx

Annie said...

It's so lovely to see you all had a great day out and met so many blogging friends. Fab new stash too. Most of all I want to say that you look really well now no that's made me smile Shaz.
Have a fab week.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Diana Taylor said...

It looks like you had a great time, and I love all your stash - especially the snow globe stencil with the bear in it - I do love snow globes - and it looks like a snow globe die on the table too. I can feel a 'need one' moment coming on! Lovely photos of you and the other ladies too - how lovely to meet up with them.
Happy WOYWW,
Diana x #21

My name is Cindy said...

Great photos and lots of stash!! I really liked some of the card io stamps at AP but didn't give in.... my sister did though so we are due a play date(!). Well you've certainly got enough to keep you busy!! Happy WOYWW Cindy xx#24

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Lovely booty and nice to see you ladies all smiley and happy. I recognise Anita next to Neet! I like how you posed with all these people! One of these days I might make it to these craft shows as well! Enjoy your week, zsuzsa #22

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

You did have fun at the show. Make sure you don't show it all to Bec. She will have a heart attack at the thought of all the stuff she has to sort out when we both pop our clogs. I would love to go to that show sometime, but it is a long day, and I have the dogs to sort out as well. Have fun with all those beautiful goodies. xxx Maggie #29

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a lovely lot of goodies you bought! All that and finding those fab polar bear images - you are going to be busy I think! It was great to see you again! When I got home it hadn't rained here all day! Hugs, Chrisx 28

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you had fun at Port Sunlight. We'll have to meet up if you go next May. Sarah #31

RosA said...

What a great day out! It's ages since I've been to a craft show. There's too much stuff here already! Great polar bears!

Neet said...

Just wish I had had more time to spend with you two. Seemed like we had lots more the last time so I am hoping you come up again to the next show.
Great spending power, Shaz, love the things you bought.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Barb said...

I love the photos from the show Shaz and you certainly came home with some super goodies. Glad you had a lovely time. Barbxx

Christine said...

What a lovely visit it was, certainly 'Happy'.....
One of my bugbears too is the people who ignore the 'Wipers On then Lights On' code, I find it quite frightening when we're out.
Take care
Christine
Bishopsmate #18

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

That was a stroke of luck with the scoring plate. The Martha Stewart board looks pretty much identical to the SU one, just a different colour. What a fabulous day you all must have had and stash to boot. What more could you want?

Fiona #9

BJ said...

Loads of gorgeous goodies there and great to meet up with other deskers too. Cute polar bear toppers. BJ #37

buterfliecrafter said...

old but sweet, the stamp set.
And you really let yourself go on the show, have fun using it all. Thx for your visit earlier, Vicky

Morti said...

Thanks for stopping by this week!

Looks like a fun time at Port Sunlight. Last time I was up there, I was in my teens and attending a Quilling Guild meet up! How time has flown...

Unknown said...

The bears remind me of a fun Coca Cola Christmas commercial years back. Love them. And looks like you had great fun at the Happy Stampers convention! And to meet up with friends makes it even better! Hope you have a great rest of the week!
Carol N #32

Felicia said...

Shaz, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I always love stopping by yours, it's always something good to see and read! I love the little polar bear stamps, how cute are they? And I am so, so jelly about your trip to Happy Stampers! I have NEVER been to any stamp or art product show! I live in nowhere land and would have to travel to get to one, so it probably won't happen!! LOL All that said I am also COMPLETELY jelly of all the products you brought home with you! Congrats to you and happy crafty with all that yumminess! Make it a great day! :))))

CraftyHope said...

Love just that touch of blue on the stamped images. Adds a little something to it. And, looks like you had a great time and got some amazing bits. Thanks for sharing it! :)
Hope #36

Unknown said...

Hello Shaz. Oh what great card those stamp images are going to make. I just love the peacefulness of the stamped image and the blue added gives it that touch of oh yah it's cold out. How exciting to go to that conversation and what great goodies you have come home with. Glad to hear that you had a marvelous time catching up with friends and being able to visit so many booths. Glad you are home and safe from what seems to be the heavens opening up there. Have a terrific week and thanks for visiting me earlier. Hugs Always ~Anne L#8 P.S. Thanks for liking my oven drying wish I could say my girls like it....lol

okienurse said...

what an awesome busy desk! Love the bears you found at the bottom of the pile…I love doing that! I had to have the witches stamp set for multiple reasons. I like to think of myself as a Steampunk Witch! I probably will leave it out and use on birthday cards etc for other witchy friends. If you tell me which images you would like stamped I will stamp them and send them your way. Better yet I will run by Michael's and see if they have another set. Thanks for stopping by my desk earlier today. Vickie #1

Belinda Basson said...

Well you sure had a lot of fun... I am going to have to get my act together one year and come over for a show like this... Quick question: does the sweet poppy stencil fit in the Hobby Art Ltd stamp? That would be fabulous if they worked together. I often buy different companies stuff to work with each other. Life is sometimes serendipitous like that! #41

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely to have a show that's just about stampers, makes you feel special! Lovely to see Neet too, hope she wasn't exhausted by her visit. Or you come to that - love that picture of you and DOug! Those Woodware bears are sweet; you must have done all the Christmas cards you need by now, surely?!

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, Glad you got to meet up with so many people, including blogging friends.

You have a lot of scrummy stash to play with no3w, so that should keep you out of mischief:)

Glad you got to meet up with blogging friends.

You got some fab stash. You'll enjoy playing with it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #13

Stacy Sheldon said...

That looks like it was such a fabulous trip. :) love the toys that followed you home and I have eyeballed the diagonal score sheet and wondered and since I have only the large martha board at home anymore having you shoot that shot did save me some money :) THANKS ~Stacy #42

Sharon said...

Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful day! Lots of new stash to play with. I like the stamp set you've used for your cards. Very nice.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #46

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's obvious you had a good day by the amount of stuff you've brought home Lol! Hope you have fun playing with it all, have a lovely woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x 14

Anonymous said...

The stamps might be old, they still are very nice images. You gave me an idea how to use some stamps I have myself, so thank you for that!
Visiting a craft market is always fun and meeting some other crafty people make it even more fun.

Marit said...

Seems like you had a wonderful day (and an aweful drive home) and WOWZAH, some stack of new stencils and stamps to play with... I bet you used some of them already as I am very late with my visit (it's almost Wednesday again, eeck!) Love from Holland, Marit #20

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...