A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Happy Birthday Die Cut cards





































A batch of 8 Birthday cards, all from one die, just changes in the cardstock they were cut from, and different coloured matts.
 The die used here is from DieSire, called Birthday Flowers. there is an almost identical one, called Birthday Stars, which as it suggests, has stars in place of the flowers.


This die has to be cut and embossed, otherwise you don't get the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment. Took me a while- yes, and reading the online instructions for it- to figure out what I was doing wrong!
 The pile of die cut and matted images were on last weeks desk, waiting to be mounted.
 The die itself measures a fraction under 6" (15cm) square. Unfortunately, as 6" square card bases actually only measure 5 3/4", I had to go up a size and use 7" square bases, hence the matting & layering. To get them to fit a 6" base would require cutting the image down too far, chopping flowers and so on in half.






  Here I left the die in place, and added some ink through the die cut with a dauber.






  A die cut from plain black card matted onto a bright blue pearl card sheet.


















This one was white on white, matted onto gold.
For this one, Black Pearl cardstock onto white.




 Here, Copper Pearl cardstock onto Black for contrast.


A reverse of the earlier black onto blue card, using Blue Pearl and black card.

The last two are both white on white, with the matt providing a spot of colour.The die cut was matted onto a sheet of white, then matted onto the colour.

Lilac in the first one and silver in the final one.

 I punched out a batch of daisy shapes in two sizes, and layered them up for some flowers to add to each one, adding the colour pop.






2 comments:

Christine said...

What a beautiful die! You've made some real crackers there.

misteejay said...

A beautiful collection of cards Shaz.
I love how they all look so different just because of a change of colour.
Toni xx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...