A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 12 October 2016

WOYWW #384

Well I seem to be on a roll, as there is yet more crafting this week. Behold, the Bleeding Tissue technique!
 No, I'm not mad at it, honestly, that's what it's called. It's like regular Tissue paper to look at, but when you get it wet, the colour transfers to whatever it touches. I got mine off Amazon, it's really cheap, as an 'add on' item- when you are spending £20, it only costs a couple of quid, and free postage. As this time of the year my Christmas buying from Amazon tends to start, it was a bargain.
I'm doing this onto canvas boards- a pack of 6, 5"x7", are £2 from The Works. Doesn't have to be canvas of course, watercolour paper, or any that will cope with being wet works just as well.
 You just spray some water onto your base, then add tissue paper, in bits, or strips, or whatever takes your fancy.
Give it a short while to dry- maybe half an hour or so, depends how much water you've used and so on.
  












When it's dried, remove the bits of tissue, and there you have your background. Looks a bit like a Brusho background, but you have a lot more control of the colour placement.
 And the best bit, it's not a one shot deal with the paper either. Use the bits two or three times before it loses all it's colour. Obviously each successive one gets paler, but it still looks great.

This canvas was already covered in some printed tissue paper, then I spritzed it with water again when it had dried. The tissue pieces have already been used on one canvas, so this is a second background from them.








Paler colours, but I think it works really well, and some white space from creases just adds to the effect. 

 







Here I've stencilled a tree on it, when it's dry I'll add either glitter or gilding flakes, not sure which yet.








I've also done a few more Brusho backgrounds to play with, some on canvas boards and some on watercolour paper.




I've saved my mop up baby wipes and left them to dry out! The three pieces front right.



One final thing I should have shown you last week, but I forgot.
I bought this from Ali Reeve (Clevercut), at Happy Stampers- an awesome MDF sign for my door. Just need to do some work on it, not sure at all what I'll do yet, so this may be in the pipeline for a while.
 So thats my desk this week, I'm off to add my link to our Julias  regular Wednesday blog hop at The Stamping Ground.
 The Polar Bear cards from last week are in the post below, and later this week I'll blog the card I made for Beloved Hubby for our Wedding Anniversary, last Monday.

33 comments:

Helen said...

That tissue makes a very pretty and easy background! great find. Helen #?

Neet said...

Love your BT work - I especially like the paler ones as they seem more muted somehow. Have done this myself but never used the tissue more than one - must try - thanks for the tip!!
Hugs, Neet 3 xx
ps heard anything yet?

okienurse said...

great looking desk and I like those bleeding tissues. I am going to look on Amazon here and see if I can get them. I am still on a Halloween jag so everything is still orange and black more or less and had to make a card using color this week. Hope you have a great week. Vickie #2 Stamps will be mailed tomorrow. I got sick and haven't left the house since I bought them.

sandra de said...

Love the technique you are using ... something really beautiful about colours mixing and blending into each other. Great projects.
sandra de @7

misteejay said...

Looks like you have really been enjoying yourself with the colours - they look fabulous.
Have a great week Shaz.
Toni xx

Annie said...

Wow....I love the effects you've got with that tissue. Such a lovely way to do backgrounds. Gorgeous colours.
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x #13

Kyla said...

Ooh not tried a second pressing before. Great idea and love the tree for too.
No desk from me but dropped by ro day hi

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Bleeding tissue technique? Lolol, sorry but that made my (warped) mind think of other possibilities...too rude to risk offending other readers of your blog!!!!
I love the fact that you're working with such bright colours at the moment - gorgeous!
Hugs, LLJ 11 xx

buterfliecrafter said...

I did this bleeding technique once with my son, we just used regular kids craft colored tissue paper, worked just fine. Your stenciling is so pristine, I'm in awe. Love your sign, thinking of buying mdf letters in the word play for in my room, probably let my son decorate them. Happy WOYWW, Vicky #9

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wonderful Shaz, interesting wonder if it would work on ordinary tissue too?
I love brushos just bought some recently on cheap sale and exploring them. have you tried them on gloss card, they really are so vibrant on it and ry really quickly.. I have a DT card I used them on and will post in in a months time.. amazing colours results different to other papers.
happy WOYWW Shaz in oz.x #14

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I think there will be a sales rush for that tissue now! I have a growing pile of 'waste' paper - some of my best backgrounds come from them. Loving the MDF sign. Look forward to seeing it finished. Ali x #10

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I knew you'd think of Terry! I felt like Granny Aching in the making, sitting there! xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Your canvas boards look awesome, Shaz! I do love the bleeding tissue technique. The cheapest tissues bleed best. The MDF sign looks wonderful too! Incidentally, I've just ordered some MDF boards too! They're so versatile! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #22

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, I so love this technique with the tissue but you have to get the right stuff as not all tissue bleeds but it's great fun when you get the right one. Hobbycraft sell it too. You mentioned the MISTI when you were over at mine and I have found a cheaper version of it, the link is here: http://www.onceuponastamp.co.uk/be-creative-the-stampers-friend-stamping-tool/ Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 19

Marit said...

I love the effect of the bleeding tissue paper! It is indeed easier to manage the colors this way. Happy belated wedding anniversary dear, thanks for your visit earlier today. happy woyww and a big hug from Holland, Marit #15

Sharon said...

That's a wonderful technique - thanks for sharing! The music card looks stunning. Very colourful.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #30

Kathyk said...

Oh how I enjoyed my experiments with BAT too - I still have one canvas on the wall

Happy WOYWW

Kathyk
#27

Diana Taylor said...

What a fabulous technique - I love the effect and can imagine the immense satisfaction of lifting the tissue off and seeing the results. The boards you've made are gorgeous - I love that tree.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana x #20

Cardarian said...

Love those backgrounds! They do look like brushos! I will investigate this - it looks really good! Thank you for sharing!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

Unknown said...

I have done the tissue paper technique quite a few times and a package of the tissue will last forever! I've had my package for years! Your cards are gorgeous! And I love your polar bear cards, too! So simple yet so elegant!! Thanks for the visit and I hope you have a most wonderful week!
Carol N #32

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, WOW I love your backgrounds and your cards are lovely.

Loving the 'Craft Room' sign.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #5

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, that works! love the re-use till pale philosophy, and the colour over the printed tissue just looks really good doesn't it. You're really in the zone missus, loving it!

Stacy Sheldon said...

you always have such fun things going on, does the tissue colors transfer to your fingers? ( I am thinking If I did this it would for sure and I'd have other colored fingerprints everywhere lol) but, I think yours are gorgeous backgrounds ~Stacy #34

Bernice said...

What a great technique for colouring backgrounds - I'll have to give that a try - it's really very effective. Your new craft room sign reminds me that I bought a similar one a couple of years ago with good intentions! - I will have to go now and hunt it out!!
Bernice #17

RosA said...

Wow! I love that tissue paper technique! Your results look fabulous! I will see if it will work with "ordinary" tissue :)
Have a good week :)

Monica said...

I like what you created with that tissue. Whenever I try that it does not bleed. it only bleeds when I don't want it to. It is like glues stuff in collages comes off when you want it to stick and sticks when you need to remove it.
Happy crafting. Hugs monica #31

StampedbyChris said...

What a great idea Shaz! The only thing tissue paper ever bled on is my hands...lol. I've got to try this.
Have a super WOYWW week.
Hugs,
Chris #24

Heather said...

I love the tissue! I used tissue paper on some of my canvases in college art class, but I never thought to try to dye with it... You've inspired me to try it! Have a great week! Heather #40

Nikki said...

Oh at first I was like mmhh but when you see the washed colours it's fab :) very kewl idea with using tissue paper
hugs Nikki 4

Shoshi said...

That bleeding tissue is gorgeous, Shaz! I always find something different and unusual when I visit your blog. The colours are so pretty, and I love things that you can use again too, to get extra mileage from them.

Sorry to hear you're going down with a cold and I hope it is as shortlived as mine has proved to be - it never really developed but just left me feeling under the weather. Also, I'm surprised you still haven't had your appointment - I wonder what on earth is causing the delay? Do you think you need to chase them up a bit?

Thanks for your lovely comment - glad you like my Zengems! They are such fun to do. My appointment went OK today but the surgeon didn't seem his normal charming self and hardly looked at me during the appointment, which was strange and rather unsettling... No cancer on the scan (thank goodness) but they found some little blood clots in my lungs - nothing to worry about but I'm going to be on aspirin to thin the blood a bit.

Feeling rather tired this p.m. but taking advantage of resting on the recliner so I can play with my new iPad!! It's brilliant.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #18

BJ said...

What a lovely technique, love the colours. Thanks for visiting me BJ#37

LisaDV said...

Gorgeous page! I love everything about it!! Have a great week. LisaDV #26

April said...

What a great technique. Thank you for sharing it. Love the colors it produced. Sorry for the late visit.
April #25

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...