A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 16 October 2016

All Hallows Eve Abstract

Just a 'for fun' card here, and I think I may well repeat the idea on a canvas in the future.
 Stamps from a few companies  were used, as I wanted to keep the stamps mainly to sizes that would fit in the boxes.
 The stencil is by Clarity, called Abstract squares 2.
 I taped it to a piece of their 7"x7" stencil card, and chose a selection of Distress Inks to work with.


For the Greens, Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint, the Oranges were Spiced Marmalade and Carved Pumpkin, and the Purples were Wilted Violet and Dusty Concord, although I did add in Seedless Preserves at the end.











Starting in the centre of the stencil, I brushed on Spiced Marmalade, then used a smaller brush to add Carved Pumpkin to the corners.



 Next I went to the greens, Mowed Lawn first, then Peeled Paint in the same way.




Final colours were Dusty Concord, with some Wilted Violet.
 I thought it needed something more, so added the Seedless Preserves.




I used a sheet of kitchen paper to wipe over the stencil, pulling in the ink from the edges, to help define the boxes a little.




So we're good to go, and off comes the stencil.
A post it mask surrounds the first square to be stamped in , as the image is much longer than the box. It's from a stamp sheet called 'Dark Boundaries', by Cherry Pie Artstamps.




 I'm using Versafine in either Onyx Black or Crimson for the stamping.
 The railings with the crow at the top, and the words bottom left are from the same sheet.





The next few stamps are all by Chocolate Baroque. The corner web is from Halloween Raven, the dangling spider from Halloween Candle, and the blood splats from Howling Moon.







Visible Image stamps come into the mix now, the two skulls in the centre are from Mr Bone Jangles.  The skull bottom right is from Max Rocks, and the barbed wire from Molly Rules. The bats are from Edward is Immortal.



I've gone back to Chocolate Baroque for some more spiders, and also a spider in its web which I've stamped portions of. A few more blood splats are used to fill some of the smaller shapes.

 

For the card front, I covered a 7" square card blank front with green paper, then stamped all around the edges with a partial print from an Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card stamp of cobwebs.


 
 
 The main panel is trimmed down, and matted onto orange then purple cardstock.
Two embellishments added, the spider in a web,top right, is an old earring!
 Skull and crossbones bottom left I think came from Route 52.




I stamped All Hallows Eve, from the Chocolate Baroque set Halloween Candle, in Black Versafine and heat set it with Stampendous Twilight Embossing Powder.
 I used daubers to add the three colours to the scrap of card.







Trimmed this down with the Tonic 6" mini guillotine, I love this little one, so handy.
 I also find that by lining up the edge of the guide bar to my cardstock, I get a perfect sized border for matting and layering.




Add a purple layer to that, then use pop dots to attach to the bottom right corner.

Inks: Versafine Onyx Black & Crimson
Distress: Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Spiced marmalade, Carved Pumpkin, Dusty Concord, Wilted Violet & Seedless Preserves.

Stamps:
Cherry Pie Artstamps: Dark Boundaries,
Chocolate Baroque:  Halloween Candle, Howling Moon & Halloween Raven.
Impression Obsession: Cover A Card Webs
Visible Image: Max Rocks, Molly Rules, Mr Bone Jangles, Edward is Immortal.

12 comments:

misteejay said...

I love it. What an amazing creation. Just fabulous Shaz.
Toni xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Superb card Shaz. X

Barb said...

I love this Shaz. The colours and stamping look great and what a clever idea. A super project. Barbxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz. I know most of those stamps and I love them! But I love how you used them even better! Happy crafting, Angela xXx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Shaz! This is brilliant - you should share this in the Try It On Tuesday Spooky and Scary challenge! Hugs, Chrisxx

froebelsternchen said...

Just SUPER!!! Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card, love how you've used the stamps with that wonderful background.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

A fabulous Halloween card, super images and background design. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's.
Yvonne

RosA said...

I love how you've done that background using the stencil! Gorgeous!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Hi Shaz! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! This is such a brilliant design! Hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oops! Is it possible for you to put a link at the bottom of your post to TIOT? Xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...