A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Saturday 15 October 2016

Indigo Blu Anniversary Card

 A change from Christmas Cards for once!
 It was our 7th Wedding Anniversary earlier in the week, and when Hubby spotted this stamp at Happy Stampers, I knew it was perfect for an anniversary card.
 I stamped out the image, from Indigo Blu, a few times, using different inks, as I wasn't sure how I was going to add colour.

 I tried the water & Distress Inks, but this particular cardstock didn't want to co operate, so eventually I went with Promarkers.




 After I'd done the colouring, I cut a very rough mask from one of the failed images, and used that to cover the owl whilst I brushed on some DI Tumbled Glass around the main image, fading it out gradually.




Matted onto a light brown cardstock, trimmed to leave a narrow border, then onto a sheet of dark brown card, which was cut longer than the main panel, so I could add the sentiment. This is from the Phill Martin Scribbled Sentiments set.









I matted that onto the pale brown card again, then positioned it below the image panel, then trimmed that down to leave the same narrow border.
















 I folded a sheet of A4 gold card for the card base. A couple of acrylic black hearts added to two corners, and it's done.
 It would be simple to just mask off the 'Owl always Love you' part of the stamp, so it does have other uses.


6 comments:

stampinganja said...

Happy Anniversary! Great card! It is always great to visit your blog!
Thanks for sharing, Anja

Rita said...

What a fabulous stamp Shaz. Love the card finished in all its glory. Happy Anniversary to Both of you and here's to many more. Hugs Rita xxxx

misteejay said...

What a beautiful card Shaz.
Happy Anniversary to you both.
Toni xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a fabulous stamp and you've coloured him beautifully Shaz. Happy belated Anniversary to you and Hubby. Happy Crafting Sandra x

MRS DUCK said...

Happy Belated Anniversary Shaz
Hope you and hubby had a wonderful day.
Beautiful card and fab stamp.
Hope you are keeping well.
Ang x (from Darnell's Grand Tour lol!!!)

Christine said...

Beautiful card - DH has good taste in stamps! - love the shades of brown and gold you've used.

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...