A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 23 October 2016

Birthday Card-io for a change!

Following on from yesterdays Christmas Card-io cards, I thought the same design would make some useful birthday cards too.









So now I have 6 birthday cards to add to my stash.





A number of different Card-io/Majestix stamps were used to make these, but they all started out with some foliage being stamped first in an assortment of Adirondack and Versafine Greens.





I made sure to use plain stamping card this time around, and it worked as I wanted.

In the main, the foliage stamps are from these sets: Greenery 1, Summer Wreath and Oriental Blossom.
 I made sure to leave plenty of white space too.




The flowers on this one are from a set called Summer Meadow. Stamped in Adirondack Red Pepper and Cranberry.
All the floral elements in the cards were heat embossed with Clear Detail Powder, and the greenery had dried out so no powder stuck to it.




The same flower set used here, this time in Versafine Blue Lagoon and Adirondack Sail Boat Blue.







Here we have Gerbera Garden, using Adirondack Purple Twilight and Eggplant.The little bee is also part of the set, and was stamped in Archival Coffee, then I added a little pale orange with a Promarker.






The stamp set in this one is called Oopsy Daisy, with the two sizes of daisy stamped in both Adirondack Sunshine Yellow and Sunset Orange.
 The little blue dragonfly is from an RST set called Dragonflies at Dusk.






This one has stamps from another RST set called Triple Floral Dragonfly and a butterfly from Begonia garden. Inks used were Adirondack Mountain Rose, Pink Sherbet and Purple Twilight.





 Final card is stamped using Seasonal Rose, in Adirondack Red Pepper and Purple Twilight.








The birthday greeting is a Clarity stamp, from the set called Line Sentiments No.1. I used a matching ink from the flower colours to stamp it in, and placed the outer mask left from cutting out the circle to protect the design.




The selection of inkpads I was working from.




All six fronts mounted onto card bases, 5"x5".

Finishing touch was three half pearls in toning colours just below the sentiment.







5 comments:

misteejay said...

Such beautiful cards Shaz. The colours you have used look fabulous.
Toni xx

Barb said...

They're very pretty card Shaz. I love the design. Barbxx

Shoshi said...

These are lovely, Shaz. Beautiful fresh colours, just the thing to cheer one up as the dark wet autumn days come in! They also look fairly quick to do which is an advantage. You have reminded me that I need to be thinking about a new card factory to stock up my stash for all next year's birthdays! They soon get used up.

Any news on your appointment yet? I saw the GP again today and had bloods taken, and have got a stoma appointment next week - Kermit's developed a hernia (Miss Piggy!). Am now on anticoagulants for multiple small pulmonary emboli. Always something, isn't there!

Shoshi

RosA said...

Hi Shaz,
Those cards are absolutely gorgeous! And I am of course reminded that I also have a couple of those peg stamp sets, and I've hardly used them at all! I'm going to dig them out as soon as I get home from work today!

SusanLotus said...

I Looove this idea!
The cards are gorgeous.
Hugs
Sussie

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...