A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 6 March 2016

Mothers Day and Indigo Blu






















Mothers Day. or more correctly, Mothering Sunday cards handed out, so now I can post them up. These were the Indigo Blu, Blazing Poppies panels that I stamped and coloured. The Poppies themselves are coloured with Promarkers, and the shading around them with Distress Inks.
 The centres of each poppy were given some definition with Black Diamond Stickles.
 After the shading, each was matted onto a matching cardstock, and then a medallion was punched, using the punch shown. This was cut out leaving a narrow border, then trimmed diagonally in half, to give a couple of ornate photo corners for each one.



 

Next up the embossed lines were created for the panel to sit inside.The base card is an A4 sheet of white pearlescent folded in half.



The long panels are added between the lines, and the main panel slightly overlaps this.

Fortunately,I'd used foam tape to add the panel, as it was only checking how well the photo had come out that I realised I had placed the pink cards panel upside down!  But it peeled off with out any damage, and re- stuck down.

As the only Mothers Day stamp I have is too large for the front of this card, I again used up some peel-offs for the sentiment.

5 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorgeous combinations of elements, Shaz nice to see the finished work of your desk :) love the fancy corners, have done that with a CB too, but never thought of the various medallions in die.
Thanks so much for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Rita said...

Beautiful Poppies Shaz. Your colouring is always so perfect too. Need to take lessons from you I think. Hope your well. Hugs Rita xxx

Shoshi said...

Oh wow Shaz, these are totally fabulous! I adore what you've done with the colour, and the layering of the card topper. The design is superb. You certainly have been busy!

Shoshi

SusanLotus said...

Great idea! And very beautiful result.
Both of them.

Sussie

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh [faint!] You did just the most fantabulous job stamping and coloring these! Bravo! xoxo

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...