A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Thursday 17 March 2016

Lavinia Stamps Scenescapes & Sweet Poppy Stencils.

Okay, so one thing Lucy Ellis mentioned was that the Lavinia Stamps image stencils work really well with the Scenescapes pre-printed backing cards that Lavinia stamps make. There are quite a few of them available, so well worth checking out, as you can use them with Lavinia Stamps as well.
This is one of two cards I've put together using them. The fairy stencil was done with Sweet Poppy Glossy black paste, and before it had time to dry, I sprinkled a little of their Superfine Glitter, one called  Crystalline Rainbow, onto her wings, and the stars around her hand.
 After it had dried, I matted it onto toning shades of pearl cardstock, and finally onto black cardstock, just leaving a narrow border.
 Then I had a thought, as I was planning to put this onto a 7x7" card blank, and had space to fill.  I saw a gorgeous card on Sunday ( Not sure if it was a Sweet Poppy  DT piece, or one of Pink Tulips own), where the card had a lovely paper ribbon & bow on a narrow panel.
 I had already bought the die set, another Sue Wilson one, so set about cutting the
pieces out.  I cut two of the ribbon pieces, one of the smaller rounded bow, and one centre piece for it.
 I have to say I'm unsure what the paler pieces are shown on the ribbon for, as it doesn't actually cut them out. Presumably it's what you could emboss onto it.
 I had two lengths of ribbon, as one alone wasn't quite long enough to do the full length, and fold behind. So I made the join underneath where the bow was to go. The bow was added with a glue dot, which was also what I used to secure the bow when I folded it. When it was on the card, I felt it needed something, so found out some square acrylic gems in purple.

 I do like this die, as it has a number of possible permutations. I believe there are some other styles in the range too.


 The second card also sits on a 7x7" card base, and was also matted and layered on toning card to fill the front. This one also uses Glossy Black paste, and again it was sprinkled with glitter over the tops of the mushroom houses before it dried. I did that as I planned to stamp a couple of Lavinia Stamps fairies sprinkling fairy dust from the top of the card. Although you can't see it in the picture, I have dotted Crystal Stickles for the fairy dust, and have also added it to the fairies wings.


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Really liking what you did with the black paste. I have a new little jar and this has given me ideas. Creative Blessings! Kel

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love how you glittered the paste, Shaz. Pretty cards! xoxo

Kyla said...

Lovely cards (couldn't believe your Christmas/Yuletide cards on Wednesdays posting....clocks haven't even sprung forward yet!) :-)

Great news on your scan and the meet up/trip to the craft demo sounded like a nice trip out.
Thanks for visiting my desk already
Kyla#30

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...