A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Bare Trees and Brusho's.

Still with the Sweet Poppy stencils, this one is called 'Walk in the Park'.
 I used the Glossy Black Stencil paste here, on top of one of my Brusho backgrounds from a while ago.

After I'd left it to dry and trimmed it to size, I realised it reminded me of some rainbow glitter card I've had for ages- I remember buying it at the NEC years ago!



 The colours were similar enough to make a good matting layer. This glitter card is not as rough a surface as some, but not entirely smooth, either. So as well as using DST to matt it, when I peeled the backing tape off, I smeared a little Pinflair Glue gel onto the tape.





It gives you a little 'slideability' for placing, but also ensures that the layer will stay firmly stuck to your background, which can often be a problem with glitter card/paper.
You may just about be able to see the blobs of glue squidged onto the tape here.







I used an offcut of the rainbow card to die cut a sentiment for the card, using a PoppyStamps die, called Vintage Happy Birthday.
 By the way, Poppystamps, and Sweet Poppy  are no connection to each other!
The die cuts out at 2.3"x1" (Happy), and 3"x1" ( Birthday), which is 5.9x2.6cm, and 7.7x2.6cm respectively.
 I'd mounted the image onto a 7x7" card base, then added the sentiment at the side.
 To attach the sentiment, I used something Beloved Hubby bought me a while back- Blu Sticks, by Blu Tack.


Its easy to put on the die cut, just smear it on over a scrap piece of paper. It goes on Blue as you can see, but it dries completely clear. I use a cotton bud to remove any excess that gets in the  spaces of letters.





You can see here after it's dried on an enlarged view of the card- no trace of glue showing.




















This is the Sweet Poppy stencil,                                                     and this is the Dreamweaver one.
                                                   Size-wise, they are the same too.


6 comments:

Rita said...

What a stunning card Shaz. Love the colour combos too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxxx

Cara said...

A stunning card, how lucky that you had coordinating paper to go with it. I'm even more impressed that you could find it! Cara x

Helen said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful work, Shaz.lve to see the step by step of it.
Thanks so much for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Talk about short range memory, I also mean to say.... That we've had blu sticks here for many years, decades. I always seem to have one on my desk. I still use DST on dies and die cut but use to blu stick to position it so have time to play, the glue isn't long lasting by itself hence the use also of tape.. Shaz.x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Had to google cotton buds and Wikipedia to the rescue, in America these are Q-tips cotton swabs. I've just assumed I would tear the intricate die cuts if I used glue stick on them (we have UHU purple over here), but dangit, gonna try that! So, had to know what the buds were, lol. Love the cards. I have the Brusho 12-set but not yet used. Big rivalry over here between those and Color Bursts, vox nix from what I can tell... xoxo

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...