A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 21 March 2016

Leafy Flowers


Leafy Flowers is the name of the next Sweet Poppy Stencil I've used here.This is the image done with Glossy Black Paste, (Sweet Poppy), and then sprinkled with black ultrafine glitter.







As you can see, I worked this one upside down- having learnt this lesson off Lucy Ellis, I can't believe how much difference it makes to getting a good clean print.




 It was matted onto a black smooth glitter card, and trimmed leaving a narrow border on three sides, and a wider one at the bottom.I intended to make another paper ribbon & bow for it, using black paper.








This time, I still used the ribbon, centre and folded small bow, but I added the triangular shaped 'bow ends' you can see here.






  


I took a piece of the white pearl card I'd trimmed off the image, and wrapped the black ribbon around it. The folded bow was made up, and held together with a glue dot. I added the tail ends to the back of this, also with a glue dot, and used another one to secure the bow over the ribbon.


The whole panel was mounted onto a card base made from a folded sheet of A4 white pearl card.






The end result. I added some flat back half pearls in black to the top left and bottom right corners.This is working in my favourite colour combo, I just love how it always looks good. There will be another one of these later in the week, I've also done a white on black with the same stencil.











1 comment:

Cara said...

Crisp and elegant. Just stunning. Cara x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...