A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Thursday 3 March 2016

Art with Everything

First card made with part of one of the masterboards.
 The basis was a rubber stamp I've had for quite a while now, I don't honestly remember where it came from, quite possibly something I spotted on E-Bay.










All I know about it is that it's called MI703, Stamp It Block 3.It's copyright 2000 Stamp It! and I believe they are/were an Australian company.
 There were two ways I could have done this, and I suppose I chose the slightly more involved way, lol. First off, I stamped the image in Versafine Onyx Black, then sprinkled with clear powder and heat embossed.
 Then I used the ink remaining on the stamp to stamp again on the back of one of the masterboards.
Using a scalpel and steel edged ruler, I cut out the four oblongs from the masterboard, cutting just inside the black lines, so my pieces would fit the embossed oblongs exactly.
I could really have cut this step in half and just stamped and heat embossed directly onto the front of the masterboard.



  I checked each piece fitted first, and made any minor adjustments before sticking them down.







 The finished piece, with the sheet of black off cut that it will be matted onto.









Matted and added to a 5"x5" card blank, and I orientated it so the fold was at the top, rather than the side.



The 'Art With Everything' words are from a Chocolate Baroque set, called Artistic Affirmations.
 Again, stamped in Versafine onto another bit of the masterboard, then matted onto black scrap of card, and mounted below the image.

I'm going to link this with Darnells NBUS( Never Before Used Stash/Stuff) as I've had this stamp quite a while, but this is the first time I've used it.
http://www.djkardkreations.com/2016/03/nbus-challenge-6-day-one-and-main-link.html

6 comments:

Ali H said...

Loving the master board projects! Great cheerful colours on a wet night in Wales! Ali x

Aileen said...

Shaz, what a wonderful card. Love how you have done this, beautiful.

Darnell said...

This gorgeous, Shaz! I love your warm sunset hues! Thank you for the reminder about masterboards. I haven't made one in ages, but I can still remember how thrilling it was to make one for the very first time!! And thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6!! It's great to have you join in!! Hugs, Darnell

Karen Hasheck said...


​I saw ​your card linked at the ​NBUS​ challenge and just had to come see it in more detail. Awesome card! I am now your newest follower and would be honored if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

Nikki said...

So loving all the bright oranges these days you did I wonderful job fussy cutting them out to fit. Saw you at NBUS hugs Nikki

Aimeslee Winans said...

Shaz, did ya wonder if I fell into a hole? I was sick, got behind, catching up now. Love that stamp. Bet you are glad you played with it! I love finding treasures amongst the minutia. xoxo

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...