A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Friday 4 March 2016

Masterboard Mosaic #1



Another card using some of the same masterboard as the previous card, but in a mosaic format this time. This is actually the sixth, or maybe seventh pic I've taken, as they keep looking blurred, but I've come to the conclusion it's the way the light is reflecting off the peel offs I've coloured for the sentiment.













I started by punching out a number of squares from the masterboard sheet I had left. The punch is supposed to be a 1" punch, a Woodware one, but it's actually an inch and a quarter.
 It was as soon as I'd punched these out and lay them out, that I had an idea. The sort of idea I should have had before the punching, to be honest. But now I had it in my head, so it was going to get done.
 I'd thought it would look good with some gold embossing on the pieces.
 Clever, aren't I ?


So, I found some flourish stamps, and a gold inkpad. I laid out the stamps so one impression would get all the pieces.






Then of course, because they all stuck to the stamp, I had to peel them off. Covered them with powder, then used tweezers to shake it back off.
 It was a really good idea at the time, lol.

Anyway, heat set them, and job done.


Now to start laying them out, and to help with this, I'd cut some strips of card to keep the spaces even. The first row is lined up against a ruler, and a strip of card between each square. Then a strip down the side of the first 3, held in place with some low tack tape, and the next 3 laid down, and so on.












The image is trimmed down to leave a narrow border, then matted onto orange then pink card.
The flowers are a Spellbinders/Heartfelt Creations dies set called Delicate Aster.  I used the 2 smaller flowers, and cut them from a pink and orange-ish vellum.
 They were stacked up, and an orange mixture seed beads added to the centre with Glossy Accents.
To finish it off, I went again to the peel-offs, using a very small silver 'Happy Birthday', and colouring it with an orange permanent marker. Then I sorted out a very narrow line peel off, and coloured that the same. Both were arranged around the outside of the mosaic panel, and the flowers added to the bottom corner.

2 comments:

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

So lovely. I've tried mosaic's before and always love the results. Love the gold embossing. Must have been a challenge heating those little 1.25 squares! LOL

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh my gawd, woman, your card is beautiful and procedure impeccable, but I would never have the patience to endure to the end or luck to be straight enough. I have 2 Sizzix Framelit grid dies that look an awful lot like your finished product. One is 1.0-in. and the other is 1.5-in. Got them both for A2 and A7 cards. They work fine for me, my standards are obviously lower, hahaha! But I bought them as I'm drawn to that inchie look, so I see why you wanted to do it. Well done! xoxo

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...