A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Thursday 14 March 2019

Birthday Shaker cards

Not what I had planned on making- I was intending to glitter some medallions- but a chance remark on Sarah Brennans blog yesterday, about a card front to cut an aperture out of sparked an idea.
 I bought a Phill Martin Birthday Collage background stamp a while ago, and thought it would work well for shaker cards.

I stamped up a few of them in an assortment of colours, and made 5 into shakers.



For all of them, I went over the whole stamp in a pale colour, then added some darker colours, particularly over the main Happy Birthday, but also in spots over the design, using those egg shaped sponges.



This first one I used Adirondacks for, and then switched to Versafine & Versafine Clairs.







Ive included the inkpads so you can see the colours used, and the old & new Versafines work perfectly together.






With a few, I ran the front through an embossing folder, and I found it's better to do this after die cutting the aperture, as if you do it the other way round, it tends to flatten the embossing.
 I cut the apertures with various shaped dies for a bit of a change.




 The die is a Nellie Snellen heart die, and the card base is 6" square. The embossing folder is by Creative Expressions, called Ocean Waves.


This star is a Stitched Star die bought from the Works, and the embossing folder is called Sunbeams, by Crafters Companion.


This embossing folder is an old Cuttlebug one, called Scrollwork Frame, and I used a plain Oval die for the centre.







These two weren't embossed, the top die was a Presscut one, Scalloped Edge Rectangle, and the bottom one is a Nestabilities, Petite Scalloped Ovals, Large.

I added seed beads and sequins in matching or toning colours, and a bit of table confetti too.

4 comments:

dutchess said...

Hi Shaz...how busy you have been...loving your shaker cards,that stamp looks fabulous in the colour variation...amazing....xxxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your word stamp does make a fab background for the shaker! Never thought of that! Nice job!

cuilliesocks said...

WOW!! what fabulous cards Shaz, I always love a shaker card and these are brilliantly designed, I love all the different colours and shapes, Kate x

Kathryn Frantz said...

Your shaker cards are fabulous. Never would have thought of shading with other colors! I learn so much, thanks, Shaz!

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...