A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Thursday 7 March 2019

Strip Birthday Cards

I'd already made the pink version- go me- then I made the gold/brown version, and that's when it crossed my mind that these would be good male cards, so made half a dozen in suitable colours.
 Apologies in advance for some photos appearing a little blurry, but glitter and camera lenses do not play well together!



 All were made exactly the same way. First I cut a strip for the card front, they were roughly half the width of the panels I'd made, so about 2" or 5cm.
These were attached with DST, then I found two strips of glitter card that I'd used in the panel, and edged the striped panel with them, using Matte Medium.



 To apply the Matte Medium, I have some little bottles with a very fine nozzle.

They were bought from E-Bay, £1.62 for 10, and are perfect for giving a very fine line of glue. The bottles are quite soft, so easy to squeeze, and so far I've not had any issues with the nozzle blocking. All I do is poke a pin down the nozzle to make sure it's clear, wipe it clean, then replace the little stopper over it. Ive been using them for about 6 months now, and have refilled a couple of times,so I can highly recommend them.
The little stoppers actually come attached to the bottle with a ring that goes round the neck, but I found it got in the way, so just snipped it through.


Next I die cut a star from glitter card, and using the next star size down, cut a star from Fun Foam. Stitched Star dies were bought from The Works.

The Fun Foam gives  the star some dimension. I also die cut my sentiment once from  a glitter card that tied in with my strip panel, and 3 times from matching cardstock, so I could stack them up. Again, that fine tip nozzle is perfect for this.


Final step is to add the star to the card front, then the sentiment to the star.

These were so quick and easy to do, in fact the longest part of the process is making the strip panels in the first place!





It's easy to ring the changes with the colours, and you could also swap the orientation too, having the panel widthways on the card, rather than top to bottom.




4 comments:

Shoshi said...

Great cards, Shaz - really striking! I love the bit of bling, not overdone, but just enough to lift them.

Shoshi

cuilliesocks said...

I love these Shaz, the colours of the papers are fabulous, super design, Kate x x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very fun cards, I agree, they are good for men and really, just about everyone! I think the hardest group is teens, and this design works for them too!

Kyla said...

ooh the die cutting out of funky foam for dimension is a genius idea, I may need to try that as sure I have some lurking about that I used to use to make cheap background stamps from.

Hope the sciatica is a bit better too.

kyla

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...