A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 3 March 2019

Christmas Card Club Challenge #5

Back again with Christmas Cards, and this fortnights Challenge is set by Valery, who wanted to see Poinsettias. Now, all the Poinsettia stamps I have I've used in the past for the challenges, so as we also have the option of Anything Goes, that's what I've done for this one.  I do have other reasons too- we had visitors yesterday, so my plans for crafting didn't happen, and also somehow or other, I've managed to develop sciatica! No idea what happened, I'd been fine all morning, got up from my desk, and could barely stand.The only upside to it is that it must be on my left side, as I can't feel the classic pain all down my leg, and as I have nerve damage that side, that would explain it.
 Oh well, onto the cards.
I made these earlier in the week, not specifically for this, I'd had an idea for how to use the 'card strips from scraps' technique I've done in the past. I thought the Memory Box Baubles dies would suit it nicely.



I'd made up some strip sheets using Christmas colours for this, and although a bit fiddly, they came out OK.

 The sentiment is from a Hobby Art set, Winter Wishes. The Embossing Folder is from Crafts Too called Seamless Circle.

There will be a blog post on the making of these a little later, as I've also done a You Tube Video of it.

9 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Such lovely cards Shaz. Sorry to hear about your back pain. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs Christine xx

Rita said...

Good Morning Shaz. Love your cards, the way you have displayed the Baubles are beautiful. Definitely a mantelpiece pleaser. So sorry to hear that you are in so much pain from sciatica. Hope it does not last too long. Hugs Rita xxx

Helen said...

Ouch! hope the pain eases soon. Love all those cards with the fab baubles.

dutchess said...

Absolutely beautiful cards Shaz....love those baubles....hope the sciatica recedes quickly..that’s a pain I know well...funny it’s always when I have been crafting too....sending a hug xxx

Mrs A. said...

Oh, I see what you have done with the baubles. Very clever effect. Look forward to the seeing how you have made them. Resulting cards are brilliant. Sorry to hear your in pain. Hope you can get it treated fast. Hugs Mrs A.

cuilliesocks said...

Oh Shaz sciatica is so painful, I hope it eases soon.
Your cards are beautiful, love the bauble die and the pretty papers, take care of yourself Kate x x

rachel said...

These are wonderful cards Shaz - take care my lovely xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Shaz
Stunning cards...
hope you will be better soon
Hugs Sylvie xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These cards are gorgeous and what a fabulous way of using up those pesky leftover scraps, I have a mountain of them :)
Lorraine

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...