A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 20 March 2019

WOYWW #511- A Glittery Edition

Yes, all is sparkly- me included- in this weeks WOYWW. Join in by popping over to Julias place, The Stamping Ground, link up a shot of your crafting space today, and we'll all come visit!
 Speaking of which, WOYWW is approaching it's 10th Birthday, just how amazing is that? There will be a Birthday Crop on June 1st, and it's being organised by our lovely Wipso & Twiglet (Annie & Jo) in Shropshire, so will be a fab day of chatting, eating cake & the occasional bit of crafting, lol. So, a note for your diary. 😍.
 Well back to the desk,and this is how far I am with the glittering. It does take time, as you have to let it dry between colours, but I do have another couple of projects on the go. Mothers day cards, and a Wedding Card for a work colleague, so can't show either yet.
 The stamp used I'm afraid I have no name or brand for. It used to be wood mounted, and I recall buying it at the NEC Hobbycrafts, at least 10 years ago, maybe more.  It's grey Rubber, and from a bit of a search, it's *possibly* from a company called Creative Stamping,(and this may be connected to Holly Berry House,as their medallion stamps are the same/very similar too)  StampinCarol mentioned them in last weeks comments, as although I can't find this actual stamp, there are a few of theirs that are very similar, and I seem to recall that there were indeed a number of similar designs when I got it.
 The Archival dried fine on the OHP Film, I left it overnight. Totally agree with you Julia- the Staz-on pads need reinking every time I use them, even when the inner lids kept on. And I'm not even going there with those Opaques they made! Hated them more than any inkpad I've ever bought. In the end I binned them!
 I also got a little delayed getting started on the glittering- I saw Sarah- Sarahs Craft Shed- make a mention of having some cardstock on her desk to cut out an aperture, and that sparked an idea for some shaker cards, which are in the post below.
Next up is some shopping- not actually 'craft' items, but they will be great for crafting with. 😍
 All from Primark, if you have one close.
These make up sponges work great for applying ink, you get one large, 2 medium and one small for £2.50. The small one is great for spot colour application, and I used them a lot on the backgrounds of the shaker cards to apply a different colour to the main Happy Birthday words.
 Second up is a handheld thingy- yes, that's an actual technical description- for cleaning make up brushes, but pretty sure it's going to be the perfect thing for washing Ink Blending brushes too. It has a strap on the back that you can slide your hand into, and different sized bobbles for all sizes of brush.
 Final one is something I've mentioned before, I think. Primark cotton buds. They have a paper stem, so more environment friendly, and unlike normal cotton buds, these have a pointy end and a flat end, which I find really useful, especially for tidying up glue, for instance, when applying embellishments to cards.
 I forgot to mention, the sciatica went away as suddenly as it appeared! I did have some painkillers off the doc in the meantime, but it just vanished again back last week.


 We have a busy weekend, a few months ago, we booked tickets to see a band called Kamelot- the band we went to Belgium to see last year- on Friday night in Birmingham. Then, Doug entered a giveaway for tickets to see them, and a few other bands, at Hammerfest,a smallish festival which is being held in Prestatyn, this weekend. On Friday & Saturday, to be precise. And yes, he got picked out in the draw. So, we get to see them twice, but it means we will be driving up to North Wales overnight on Friday, after the Birmingham concert. Booked into a Premier Inn in Rhyl for some sleep at least. Not a lot, but some, lol.



 And that's everything, I think, apart from.........And Finally.........

26 comments:

Helen said...

you always have such interesting posts! have a great weekend - always like seeing your pics on FB of the concerts you go to! That is a great medallion stamp, I am sure I have some somewhere....!! Helen #3

Bridget Larsen said...

10th birthday, wow thats a long time, sadly I see not many people join now but its easier to visit all.
Those sponges look really cute if not strange, when I put on make up in the younger years they were all flat round discs.
Ahh the world is changing in all areas
Bridget x1

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I still have some stash from 2004 when I started papercrafting, and amazingly those are often the things that I use regularly and will be staying with me. Cheap make up sponges are so much better than the expensive 'craft' ones. I am determined to get to the WOYWW Crop this year, as never been to one. Ali x #9

Anne said...

Hi Shaz. Glad the sciatica has gone! It is a horrid thing! You are busy gadding about to concerts, enjoy! I'm glad that you mentioned the crop. I had wondered if / where this year. I must have missed an announcement. Silly me. Hugs Anne X #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You are the Enabler par Excellence! Though I am bemused to know how that knobbly pink thing is a brush cleaner!! Love those cards, anything sparkly is my thing, as you well know. Hope you enjoy the weekend, especially now the sciatica has gone, woohoo :-D
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Annie said...

Firstly I'm thrilled to hear your sciatica has gone....mine is still lingering and from time to time I get a painful reminder from it :-(
I really love the glittery cards in the first pic Shaz.
Really hope you enjoy your concerts.
Hugs,
Annie x #13

Glenda said...

Glad you are feeling better! I feel like I should be the glitter queen as I love using it on everything especially the flowers I make! I know I'm having a good day when I look down and my girls (yorkies) both have glitter on their faces. I tell them "Welcome to my family!" Happy WOYWW!

My name is Cindy said...

wow wow wow- morning Shaz!! Was going to see if we had a crop organised yet today, and that was the first thing I saw in your post. Unfortunately I am on holiday with my mum and sister in Broadway. However I am wondering if they would be really upset if I sloped off for the day - I suppose I could bring them with me. Off to check out the details and the distance because I will have already driven from London, might be a bit much as I'm getting ancient. (Shocking I know but I have no idea where Shropshire is relatively, google maps here I come). I can also feel a trip to Primark coming on!! I already use the makeup sponges as blender of choice, have really gone off the pad ones, though I prefer the smaller ones.. Good idea to have lots of those glitter toppers on the go - they do take a long time to dry, but the results are lovely. Happy WOYWW, Cindy #15

My name is Cindy said...

Can't see any info re the crop Shaz - do you know where in Shropshire? xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Shaz you’re so funny with your funnies! Love it, do that all the time.. love your glitter seen it before and bought glitter all inspired as have perfect stamp and what’ve I done? Zilch. Enjoy your double concert.
Oh re makeup sponges I picked up multi tip one for $1 the other day, fat and thin end. Thought I’d try it I’ve not tried any make up as haven’t seen them mind you don’t look either must admitmthis one jumped out and grabbed me... almost.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x #15 (told Maggie I was going to bed then saw your post under her post on my side bar ...so one more I thought, naughty me!)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your glitter cards turned out fab Shaz, i'm not very clean with glitter and when I worked with pre-school children it would get EVERYWHERE!! Great buys from primarni I use a brush cleaning mat which has suckers on the back of it which gives me an extra hand to clean two brushes at once, i'll try & remember to take a pick of it to show next week. I also have one you pop on your finger but it causes the dirt to fly off in all directions :))
Enjoy the gig & Hammerfest we've not been for a few years now. We've probably breathed the same air at many of these gigs Shaz.
Happy WoywW Tracey #7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the glitter cards. I'm a bit like Tracey and don't do well with glitter but have some and must use it or pass it on. The makeup sponges are not only useful but pretty too and the brush cleaner is a great idea. But the crafter cleaning the workspace....brilliant, that's me Lol! Wishing you a great week and a happy woyww, Angela x11x

Diana Taylor said...

Lovely card toppers Shaz, and I must say that I noticed your previous post just now and I love the shaker cards you've done - your cards are always so professional looking and I love the look of the stamped image behind the aperture - that's a great stamp too. Thanks for the great tips this week, the cotton buds are a great idea, although I don't think I'd use the brush cleaner, they all tend to live in the water pot although I know they aren't supposed to!
Have a great week and enjoy the concert,
Hugs, Diana x #17

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

You and Doug do seem to have a very hectic social life. Good for you. Have a great time at all those concerts. Love your glitter cards. I have a small number of stamps still on wooden mounts, but no idea of who made them. xxx Maggie #19

Sarah Brennan said...

I laughed out loud at the 'and finally' this week Shaz. Glad to hear that the sciatica has eased off and lucky Doug winning an extra chance for the two of you to see the band. I haven't bothered with my Stazon pads for ages. They seem to have dried up (even though kept sealed with the plastic over the pads too. I don't have reinkers so the time has probably come to dump the lot! I will stick with Archival. Loved your shaker cards. So glad that a passing comment inspired you. Thanks for visiting. Sarah #4

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I like a bit of bling myself. It will be interesting to see what you'll do with all those glittery medallions. How lucky that you won those tickets, though I don't envy you for the overnight travel. Enjoy both concerts! You're really a rock chick at heart, aren't you? :)) zsuzsa #22

Caro said...

I doubt I will make it to the crop this year as it is when I have my main undergraduate marking and it is half-term but I will see what I can do as I would so love to meet you all. Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a lovely week. With love & God Bless. Caro x (#30)

Twiglet said...

Hope you have a great time with your trips and I am so glad the sciatica disappeared quickly too. Annie and I will get together to plot and plan for CROP10 so we can let Julia have more details. It will come round quickly, I think. xx Jo

Kathryn Frantz said...

I have some of these sponges. Found them at a discount store is bags full of other shapes and sizes. Now I have too many, I won't use, but they were all inexpensive. Cheaper than just looking for those specific shapes.



Enjoy your weekend!

StampinCarol said...

All of those attending the 10th Birthday Crop will have SUCH a GREAT time! Looking forward to the photos!
Can't really see the glitter in the picture but I bet they're looking very sparkly! Had to laugh at the name of the brush cleaner. Very original.
I have some cotton buds like those. I know they're here somewhere...
Have a great time at the concert!!!!
Carol N #24

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, glad to hear your sciatica has gone, so you can enjoy your weekend of music. I'm not a fan of glitter - it just seems to go everywhere. I prefer to use die cuts from glossy glitter sheets or glitter pens. I hope I can make the crop, I really enjoyed it last year. Love the funny quote at the end, that's me all over! Have a lovely week Heather x #32

Stacy Sheldon said...

I laughed and thought every.single.time ( cleaning = Play) Hi Shaz, and then I thought ooh how cool for you guys, have a great trip and I love the glittered images I bet that takes longer just because, there are an assortment of colors too. ~Stacy #27

Marit said...

I love the stamped 'tiles' and oh wow, a weekend filled with music, that sounds perfect! Enjoy enjoy! Hug from Holland, Marit #20

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz. You are always busy!! The glitter cards look very cool. I'd have glitter in my hair for months! Perfect for the concerts you're going to!!

Kelly said...

Good morning, Shaz!
What a busy weekend you have ahead. Thanks for taking the time to stop by. The bands sound interesting. I love the crafter meme this week. Sooo true. LOL. I have more cleaning to do over the next couple of months. Let's see if I can refrain from playing in the midst. hehe Safe Travels & Blessings! Kel #26

Lynne Bishop said...

Well I have seen that you had a good weekend. Always great when you win something. Love your tips for purchases from Primark think I shall have to investigate those. Thanks. xx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...