A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 11 March 2020

WOYWW #562 - The Mothers Day card Edition.

Because that's what I'm working on right now.
I stamped this image twice, using Versafine Clair Nocturne, then left that to be totally dry before colouring in with those Zenacolour pencils I bought a while back.




One in pink, and one purple.
 Then I took an idea I'd seen someone use on Fb, where she'd added Glossy Accents to some Lavinia Pods, then covered them in glitter. I didn't quite do that, I added the Glossy Accents, then sprinkled a very tiny amount of
Glamourdust onto it.






Any really ultra fine glitter would work,not just the Glamourdust.
The Glossy Accents do slightly intensify the colours of the pencils too.



A couple of close ups so you can see the sparkle, just a little, not in your face. Beauty, of course, is that it won't shed.
 Not coloured the centres, as I'm going to add acrylic stones to them.

 The stamp is by Honey Doo Crafts, called Daisy Display. I must admit, I thought they had the look of Polyanthus/Primroses, rather than daisies.




Something else I'd seen on Fb, was a product called Brusho Wax Resist. This lady that used this had mixed ultrafine glitter into some of it, then painted over her scene for a delicate glitter sparkle. I had a look for it, and thought it was a bit expensive. Had a look on Amazon, and found the Zest-It version much cheaper. Tested it out on some scrap, and it works really well. It also dries completely, so no glitter shed.
I do like the Zest-It products as they have a nice citrus smell, rather than a chemical one.
It is supposed to be used in the same way and uses as Masking Fluid, this is just an entirely different use for it.












And so I'm done.As always, it's our desk sharing day over at Julias place, The Stamping Ground, so I'll look forward to seeing everyone there later. Which brings us round to.....And Finally.....








P.S.
Just thought I'd mention, for those in the UK- Postage prices are going up on March 23rd, 6p for 1st class,and 4p for 2nd. As stamps are just marked 1st and 2nd, it's worth grabbing some before the increase. I worked it out, and that increase equates to almost a free stamp in every book if you buy them now. So yes, I did bulk buy,lol.

25 comments:

Helen said...

love the flowers, with the glossy shimmer. I am not sure I'd call them daisies, either though. Great heads up about the postage increase, it seems to get earlier every year (always used to be April!) Helen #?

Sarah Brennan said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz and great ideas for non shedding glitter. Great tip on the zest it products too. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

Neet said...

Really can see no rhyme nor reason for this ridiculous increase in postage stamps! Disgusting is what I would call it! Someone at our club does not send birthday cards but buys the birthday girl a lottery ticket instead and gives it her next time she sees her.
Love the look of what you have done with the G Dust and the G Accents. That is a nice stamp but as I LOVE daisies I agree they do not look like them. Will give it a try as I use G Accents quite a lot.
Must have a look at Zest-it products, thanks for the tip, you really are an enabler.
Hugs, Neet xx (no number at 8 am)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, that is a big jump in the price of a stamp. Loving your technique today. I'm early this morning but no sign yet of Julia so thought I'd catch up with you. Have a lovely creative week, Angela x?x

sandra de said...

The cards were lovely once you had coloured them, But, wow what a difference a little gloss and glitter makes.
Have a lovely week.
Sandra de @8

Twiglet said...

Yep - I've bought extra stamps too - might even buy enough for my WOYWW annual ATC swap! Those little cards are lovely - you make it all look so easy but I know what mine would look like!! lol. xx Jo #5

Glenda said...

I love glossy accents and keep a bottle on my desk at all times. I use it on my flowers to add shine and sometimes I also use ultrafine glitter. Just ads a different element to a card. Your cards are going to be amazing! Postage has gone crazy here in the states as well. I can put fuel in my car and go visit for what it costs to mail a card. I would rather hand deliver anyway!PS. My family does live close; about 35 miles.
Glenda #10

Annie said...

Thanks for the heads up about the postage increase.....might be worth getting my Christmas stamps now? [who am I kidding ...of course it would be worth it because I send sooooo many lol].
Lone the flowers with the sparkle on.
Hugs,
Annie x #1

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Exquisite colouring Shaz - I have yet to learn how to shade like that. Thanks for the headsup on the stamps - I remember the time when we were able to send small packets for just 99p and that wasn't even that long ago! Hope you're well! zsuzsa #14

Diana Taylor said...

The cards are already lovely but the Glamourdust and Glossy Accents really adds that extra special touch. Looks like we are both having a pink day, but yours is much more subtle and delicate!
Thanks for the heads up on the stamps - I shall definitely get some - that's a heck of a hike in the prices.
Have a great week,
Hugs, Diana x #9

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, I do love a HoneyDoo stamp! Great colouring on the flowers. I forgot all about Mother's Day - I'd best get cracking or I will have none to sell at work! I do like the effect of the glossy accents and glitter, so I'll try that idea out. Thanks for the advance notice of the stamp prices - I'll be sure to get some next time I go to our Post Office. I also need to get something to fight off the mozzies in Corfu -- I hadn't realised there would be so many, thanks for forewarning me! Have a lovely week Heather xx #21

Stacy Sheldon said...

I just love what you did with those blooms Shaz, that looks fabulous :) ~Stacy #23

glitterandglue said...

Hi Shaz. I agree - definitely not daisies! Yes, much more a polyanthus shape flower Whatever they are, you have done a great job - well done. Thanks for the tip about the postage increase - ouch! That's quite a hike!! Might just have to pop to the post office. I suppose the biggest problem is that so many people only ever use the internet to communicate...
Thanks for visiting.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #15

Shoshi said...

Your colouring is beautiful, Shaz, and that' a lovely stamp for a mother's day card! Adding some glossy accents and subtle glitter is a lovely touch too. Well done as always. Thank you for your visit, and yes, those kitties certainly have grown - I can't believe they were that small once! Unfortunately kittenhood lasts for such a short time and every moment has to be grabbed and enjoyed!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #11

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. Those flowers are definitely not daisies! Loving the added shimmer/glitter. Ali x #25

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh I love both versions. That is a great idea to add the glitter to the glossy accents. Almost all Crafters have both of those supplies. TFS!

StampinCarol said...

Love your cards! I rarely use glitter unless it's Stickles due to the shedding.
After this week working in the yard I definitely relate to the quote! LOL!
Thanks for popping by and have a wonderful week!
Carol N #17

Helen said...

thanks so much for linking me!

Elizabeth said...

I can't think why the price of stamps is going up - again! It's not as if it leads to a better service, but, hey ho, it's nothing new. Moan over. Your mother's day cards are going to look fabulous. I was thinking the flowers looked less like days and more like petunias/surfinias. Not that it matters, it's still a lovely stamp. You have reminded me that I have a tub of masking fluid tucked away - used a few times and then forgotten! It's probably rock solid by now. You 'finally' is, in my case, so true but I'm not ready to give up altogether, not yet. Have a great week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #18

Crafting With Jack said...

Thank for the tip on Zest it, I went to find some on Amazon, added one to my basket and then got distracted looking at puppy pens! Thanks for the postage tip too x Angela #28

Dorlene Durham said...

Great idea to add glossy accent with glitter. I don’t usually like working with glitter because of the mess but this contains it! Nice. Dorlene #24

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow, Shaz, wish I stsmps did that, its price marked sadly! 😣so hurts. A friend however asked ne what I wanted for birthday, i said postage stamps so right for a while! Very useful gift.
Love it. I've just bought a new eco printer, ie has tanks not ink cartridges. Had two printers die in four years.. sugh a waste as each time left wuth dud cartridges.
Love it, big dollar initially but comes dith 2 yrs of ink. Very happy as bottles refill are very cheap and dont fill up landfill as quickly.
Gorgeous work for MD cards, well done on trying new things!
Sorry for such late visit .. 😊
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Marit said...

I love the subtile glitter you added to the coloured stamps, just beautiful!Hope you are doing well, stay save dear, big (virtual, we are not allowed to shake hands anymore in the Netherlands) hug! Marit #7

Little Dorrit does... said...

Hi Shaz,

I've had to Google both the Glossy Accents and Glamour Dust, and strongly suspect I may "need" to get my hands on some! I really like what you did with the images. They will look extra special when the acrylic stones are added.
Thanks for the heads up about stamp price increase too!
Have a lovely week.
Amelia #22

scrappymo! said...

Your floral image are so pretty. Love how you coloured them and added the little extra sparkle with the Glossy Accents and Glamour Dust.
i am looking forward to seeing the finished cards!

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...