A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 16 March 2020

Christmas Card Club #6- Wreaths/Garlands

Well, a day late, but finally here. Silly thing is, I looked at the list I have pinned up a few days ago, and thought 'That's OK, I've got a week yet!' So where my lost week went, I have no idea. Lorraine chose our theme this time, which is for Wreaths or Garlands, and fortunately, I have some wreaths amongst my UFO's/Left overs, so catching up was a bit easier than it might have been!

 I managed 5 cards,the top three using a Sweet Poppy stencil and stencil paste, from my UFO's.

I cut them out, added to card fronts with some foam pads, then added a few acrylic gems to each one. The backing papers are all from my off-cuts folder, and the peel off sentiments also helping to stash bust.


These next two use an Imagination Crafts Poinsettia stencil as the background,from my UFO's, and the wreath is a Penny Black stamp, called Adornment, from my left overs. Stamped in silver and heat embossed with glitter EP, then a few small acrylic gems added and a small silver ribbon, which is hard to see in the photo, to finish off.

 I'd made a batch of the Poinsettia backgrounds back last year, some just using plain stencil paste, some with glitter.
 I had a couple of small pots of Glitter stencil paste from amongst some craft stuff I was gifted, but they are really small pots, and for their size, I thought them expensive. For mine I used some Translucent Sweet Poppy stencil paste, and mixed in some glitter. It works really well, and is a much cheaper way of doing this. Once dry, the glitter is totally non shed. You don't have to use translucent paste, you can mix Gold glitter into Gold paste, and so on.
This was the Wreath stencil before I cut them out, it's called Bubble Wreath. The two multi colour ones were done by adding small blobs of two or three colours of paste to one side of the stencil, then just pulling it across with the spreader. You can get the paste in various colours, or you can add reinker to either translucent or white paste. Both pastes will make the colours slightly lighter, so if you do this, pick a slightly darker colour ink to mix in, as you don't want to have to add too much ink and make the paste runny.

7 comments:

dutchess said...

These are lovely Shaz...well worth the wait!
Looks like we will have lots of time for crafting over the next few weeks.....xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful set of cards for my theme this time Shaz. I love all the glitter and shimmer that you have used in your designs making them very festive.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

These are well worth waiting for Shaz, all are beautifully created, such beautiful backgrounds too. Hope you are keeping safe, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

WOW these are all stunning! I am loving the gorgeous designs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, apologies for this very late visit. All your cards are lovely. Looks that, like me, you enjoyed the challenge of wreaths this week. Hugs, x

Witchcrafted Life said...

What an elegant, festively beautiful quintet of holiday season greetings.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

scrappymo! said...

Missed commenting on these wreath themed cards... Sorry abou that, but better late than never. Luckily, I was just having a catch up on your blog.

As always, your creativity amazes me. You are not afraid to try new things and share them with us. That is a fab way to make your own glitter paste. Your stenciled backgrounds look great lying all in a pile but even better behind those last set of cards! They are stunning.

I have that Penny Black stamp from your middle set of cards. IT is sure a pretty stamp, isn't it! Your cards there are so very pretty.

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...