A warm welcome to all my visitors,
Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!
All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.
Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.
Thanks, Shaz XX
Sunday, 29 March 2020
Christmas Card Club #7- Christmas Candles.
I trimmed the cards upper corners to match the tag shape.
It was while looking in my Papers box, I spotted the wallet with my glittered pieces in, and recalled I had some lovely Celtic Knot style candles in there. So that made another half dozen cards.
The sponged/brushed strip is an idea I've seen Eileen Godwin use a lot, just masking off the front of the card, and gently applying inks of your choice. I'm not brave enough to work directly on my card base yet, lol, so mine are matted and layered.
The candles are attached with a little Matte Medium, and I've used some peel off sentiments.
These were the final 4, I have a Card-io stamp set called Christmas by Candlelight, and wanted to use that.
To get the candles standing in Holly took a bit of thought, but finally figured it out.
I stamped two Holly Branches, which is a Lavinia stamp, and used Archival Leaf Green for that.
I wasn't going to cut masks for the holly leaves, so I tore roughly a sheet of kitchen paper, and used that to cover the holly.
Any spaces left between the candle and holly I could draw in afterwards. I'd stamped in Distress Archival Ink Barn Door, so I could use the Distress Marker for that.
Finished the stamping by adding the candle flames, then coloured the candles with the Prismacolor pencils again.
I also added some half pearls to the holly for berries, and then finally some Glossy Accents to the flames, sprinkled with a tiny bit of Glamour Dust for some sparkle.
Again, I added a peel off greeting. Partly because I'm trying to use them all up, and partly because I forgot about heat embossing until I'd matted & layered the card front, and the heat would have released the adhesive!
So, after starting with 3, I ended up with a massive 13 for this fortnights challenge.
I have indeed done some more stamping of those inked panels from last week. Actually, a few weeks ago, but only started using them last week...
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I had bought these, the new Tim Holtz Embossing Diffusers. You have probably seen, like me, the...
I take no credit for this discovery, a lady posted this on Pinterest HERE .Like any of us, I hate having to spend money on 'consumables&...
Right, so this problem appeared a few days ago. I was gifted a whole bunch of these pots, about a year ago, and hadn't as yet used them....