A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 26 August 2018

A Mixed Media die Wedding Card

I didn't actually take a huge number of pictures for this make, mainly as I had a whole envelope full of various Mixed Media die cuts waiting for the right card to be made with them.
 The Mixed Media die is the Flourish one, MM set #2, from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.

The card base is a sheet of Pearl White, scored & folded in half.
 I'd cut the die from a slightly less than A5 size pearl card, and I trimmed it further to give me some space for some embossed details on the card front.

After I'd trimmed it down, I used a piece of cardstock I'd coloured with oil pastels in Pinks, blues & purples, and fixed that behind the die cut area.
 On the inside of the card, I marked where the panel would go, and then scored two lines either side of that with a scoreboard & stylus tool.
 To add a little more interest, I used a different scoreboard to make the chevron pattern above & below the score lines.
 For this I used a board that has diagonal score lines on it.

The bottom board is a Martha Stewart one, and the dark brown one with the diagonal lines is an 'add on' board,from Stampin Up. I believe it was being retired when I bought it, as it was reduced. Hard to see in the pic, but the score lines in fact match up perfectly with the lines and markings on the MS board.



I stamped the sentiment, from a Phill Martin set called Baroque Sentiments 2, in silver Encore pigment ink, and heat embossed using Silver detail powder. Final addition was three silk flowers, in colours to match the background paper. The Mixed Media dies are so useful for making fast, but good looking cards for any occasion, and have been a good investment.

7 comments:

Helen said...

what a beautiful card! so elegant.

My name is Cindy said...

Love it!!

cuilliesocks said...

It's a beautiful card Shaz, beautifully designed, I love the colours behind the die, fab work, Kate x x

Sarah Brennan said...

Lovely card Shaz. Elegant and stylish.

Kelly said...

Gorgeous, Shaz. Did you post that on twitter or IG and tag Tim? He loves to see what we're creating with his items. You do beautiful work. Hugs & Blessings, Kelly

Angeliica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Big theory said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...