A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Saturday 4 August 2018

Triple Stamping and an Embossing Folder.

This is my most recent Triple stamped card, and includes the use of an Embossing Folder.
 It's also the first You Tube video I've managed on this that I'm happy with!


The card base is, according to the package, a 7"x7", however, that measurement applies to the envelope, on square cards, I've found. The actual card base is 6 3/4" square, and that holds true for all the sizes, so something to bear in mind when you are cutting layers to fit any of them.





I cut the layers- stamping and matting, at the start.
 The sizes for this are:
Matt layers:
6x6
5x5
4x4
3x3
 Stamping layers:
5 3/4 square
4 3/4 square
3 3/4 square and
2 3/4 square.


I find it easiest to attach the stamping layers together using some temporary tape runner, which stops them moving about.
 The Embossing folder is by Darice, and is called Butterfly Corner.
 As you will see in the video, I have cut along the top of the folder, and added hinges at the side with masking tape. This means I now have full choice on where, and what orientation I use the folder in, and also I'm not limited by the size of cardstock I can use in it.
 The stamps used are from Card-io,
 Greenery 1, for the corner leafy branch,
Plentiful Pansies,
Summer Wreath, for the little leafy branch & the Butterfly,
 Dragonfly Garden for the Blue flowerhead, and
Summer Meadow for the Orange flower.
 All inks were original Versafines.
So here is my video of the process. I hope you enjoy.😊




5 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

It's a beautiful card Shaz. Lovely clear instructions too. Love the mix of stamping and embossing.

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning card Shaz, what a wonderful design and the floral images are beautiful, lovely vibrancy of your colours, Kate x x

cuilliesocks said...

I'm back Shaz having had time to watch your video which is excellent, very clear instructions and good to see how your beautiful was made.
Thanks for the tip regarding the card sizes, didn't know about that, Kate x

MaryH said...

Always have loved these triple layered cards, and have yet to get the courage to attempt one. TFS the video too. This is just such a lovely card, and I really like the way you've combined the floral pattern with the embossing too. Made quite a stunning design. TFS

scrappymo! said...

This is a beautiful card and I really enjoyed the video. IT was so nice to hear your lovely accent...I felt as though I was in the room watching your demonstration of the quadruple stamped and embossed card.

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...