Rubber Art Stamping & Card Making.

A Warm Welcome to all my visitors.

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really appreciate it. Please leave me a comment, even just to say Hi, It means I can come and visit you, and find new friends!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If they have been inspired by someone else, I have credited them in the info. Please feel free to use my designs, I just ask that you provide a link back to my blog, Thanks.


Monday, 27 March 2017

Mothers Day cards,with Mixed Media dies.


Two cards made, using patterned papers, peel offs and a die set called 'Delicate Asters', from Heartfelt Creations/Spellbinders.










The set has 4 different sizes of flower, along with some centres and a leafy branch. I'll be honest, I've had this a while, but my early attempts with it were a nightmare for cutting. Getting all the flowers to cut cleanly was impossible, I had to resort each time to cutting each layer individually, which, if you want a few is incredibly time consuming. However, I recently bought a Precision Base Plate for the Big Shot, which I can use in my BSPro, and that does make a difference. As does trying to line up the dies to go through at the edge of the machine, rather than the centre.
 Word of warning, apparently over time the Plate can cause damage to the dies, so it's one to be used sparingly.
Back to the cards. I'd picked out some 7"x7" deckle edged cards that I got at Happy Stampers, and a couple of A4 sheets of white card to trim down to fit.
I'd been tossing around in my head a design for the cards, fairly simple to do, but look really lovely.
 Next came a hunt through the patterned papers- not for the faint hearted, I assure you. Finally settled on this one, which comes from a Dovecraft pad,called Amethyst Floral Prints with  designs by Kate Knight,which is quite an oldie, but is still available, certainly  on E-Bay. My pack is 8"x8", but it also comes in 12"x12".
Slight jump in the pictures here, I forgot to photograph the die cut stage! I used Tim Holtz Mixed Media die set #2, and cut this from the top left corner. I cut the paper sheet into 2 triangles, and trimmed them down to fit neatly.
 Next job was to find something to back the die cut with, and after rejecting patterned papers as being too 'busy', I decided on a Fuchsia coloured glitter paper.
 This was going to need a wet glue to attach, and my wet glue of choice is silicone glue, or Pinflair Glue Gel.
 The other point that would need to be addressed is that die cutting those MM dies does result in distinct warping of the cardstock, which meant I needed to apply glue to areas of the design, not just around the edges.
 I sorted that by using a small paintbrush to get into some of the finer detail areas.



 I worked on top of the glass mat, as it meant I could keep lifting the cardstock, and wiping off any glue that may have spread through the design.















  A little longer than a couple of strips of tape, but does a better job. Now it needing laying down with some weight on the top to make it set 
flat.


















While this was drying, I moved on to the flowers.


I cut some in a pale lilac pearl paper, some in white and some in a white vellum.

 I only used three of the four flower sizes to build them up this time.











I shaped them using a ball stylus, my pokey tool and a foam mat.








Stacked up using Ranger Glossy Accents, and seed pearls/ seed beads added to the centres, also with Glossy Accents.






 A few hours later, and the silicone glue has dried, and they are nice and flat.
 Here I added some peel off strips across the edges to finish them off neatly.







Foam tape on the back to give the panel a little dimension and support.













The flowers positioned on the patterned paper - they look similar to the paper, which gave the idea to use them.




A peel off Happy Mothers Day sentiment was added just below the flowers.

5 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Oh wow. thanks for the talk through and piccys on how you made these super cards. I have that spellbinders flower die too. Had it several years and only used a few times as have the same problems as you with it. Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

I'll echo Mrs A's WOW! Such a gorgeous look with the triangle cuts of the paper, and I love the TH media die. Adding the peel off strips added such a gleam as well as covering the join. Your beautiful layered flowers are so very pretty with the paper too! Beautiful cards, and TFS the pictures showing the how-tos! Hugs

Barb said...

Absolutely beautiful cards again Shaz and I enjoyed following your progress with the piccies. Barbxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

WOWEEEE! These are awesome Shaz. I've that Die you've used, not played with yet, 😊
Great idea for it... mmm, my brain it doth tick... ideas plus.
Love the flower Die, not sure but might need to put it on wish list. Technically I'm banned from buying at minute 😑 had some very big bills come in and so needs must!! 👍
Hugs and prayers dear friend. Xxxxx Shaz in damp Oz.x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mm dear Shaz, I've just changed mind on asters they're way overpriced here. I really think HC items are too expensive, out of my league. Not to worry. I'm sure I've a neglected SB Die that would be just fine and dandy. 😁 ❤❤

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...