A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 20 March 2017

Christmas Card Club, Challenge #6

Right, I'm finally back in the game with this fortnights challenge. I'd like to say a huge thank you to all the ladies in the club, both for their patience while I got better & found my mojo,😃, and for the get well cards & good wishes.
 So, onto this challenge, set by Granmargaret, which was to use two, or more, patterned papers. To be truthful, I could do with following this particular theme a lot more- I have so much patterned Christmas paper, it's embarrassing!
Well, here we are- two patterned papers, plus I also managed to use an image I must have stamped years ago. I spotted it in my ' oddments' folder😯when I opened the box I store all my paper pads in. I have to admit, I have no idea who made that stamp, and I'm not sure I still have it, but this is definitely the first time it's appeared on anything.
It had been stamped in black and heat embossed onto a pale cream paper, so I decide to use some of the Imagination Crafts Starlights paints on it. I did two, as I wasn't sure what colour papers I'd end up using.
Before and after. I did two completely different colourways, and if you haven't seen the Starlights yet, they are gorgeous jewel shades filled with gilding flake dust, which gives them a gorgeous sheen. They spread for a very long way, and mix together easily too- I mixed the green and Pearl white to make the pale green for the one tags background.


Here I'd backed them with some cardstock,  as the paper was curling a little.
 Two shots, hoping you will be able to see how lovely the paints are.










I now had a search through the paper pads, and found this one. I'm not at all sure where I got it, but it was either The Works, Happy Stampers or the NEC!
It does have some nice co-ordinating papers in traditional Christmas colours.






I chose these two, and covered the front of a 5" square card base. Across the join I placed a border peel-off. They are rarely long enough to do a diagonal on a card, but when I have a focal piece to add, I just cut it in half, and have a gap under the focal image.






I picked this tag, as the colours seemed a good fit for the patterned papers.










  You can see I have punched the hole in the tag. I used a tool I bought a while ago, but hadn't actually  tried out till now. Its a Japanese Screw Punch, and this one is by X-Cut. I have to say it's a great little tool- punching holes in stuff has never been so easy! Lovely clean cut hole too. It comes with 3 different sizes of hole punch, which just screw in, and they are stored in the handle when not in use.

Fab clean hole, in one totally effortless operation.
 You just push down the handle, and job done.






 Next a selection of thread to tie through the hole. One is red/gold, one gold, and one red/green/gold.






And that's it. I mounted the tag with foam pads, and added a peel off sentiment to finish.

7 comments:

MaryH said...

What a wealth of lovely cards. I love how you found some 'schtuff' and made it work with this pretty tag card. The paints are so pretty. Also enjoyed seeing each one of the different pattern designs using up some of your stash. The Christmas sunburst was very dramatic. TFS & hope you are feeling lots better. Hugs

dutchess said...

Love it Shaz...the starlights are brilliant so vibrant...I know what you mean about the paper stash!....lovely to hear you are feeling well enough to craft again...and enjoying it hugs xxxxxx

misteejay said...

Great card Shaz. I need to make a 'dent' in my Christmas papers too (I'm sure they multiply in the drawer LOL).
Have a lovely week.
Toni xx

cuilliesocks said...

Great to see you back Shaz, and with this gorgeous creation. I love Starlights and these colours look amazing. Lovely choice of papers and a brilliant design on your tags, love it Kate x

Mrs A. said...

I love the look of your tag cards. I have to admit to having those paints an hardly ever used them but I know how shiny they are IRL. Great to see you back. Hugs Mrs A.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love those shimmery paints on your tag Shaz, they really make it into a feature piece on your card.
Lorraine

Zoe Tant said...

Wow what fabulous tags and don't they look great on your papers. great layout for your cards too. Zx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...