A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 3 April 2017

Christmas Card Club Challenge #7- Christmas Flowers.

Okay, so as well as losing a day last week, I now seem to have lost a complete week! I've just realised that I should have had this ready for yesterday.This fortnights challenge is set by Carol, who has chosen Christmas Flowers for us. To visit all the other ladies, there is a Christmas Card Club link in my side bar. My goto for Christmas Flowers is usually a Poinsettia die, and as I had a bunch of Tim Holtz MM die cuts on my desk, I've sort of cheated a bit and recreated a card I made for last Christmas.
This one is made on a 6" square card base, and after cutting out the MM die (Mixed Media Dies #1) from another sheet of white card, and trimming to size I backed it with some cream paper with gold marbling on. I bought this years ago at the NEC Hobbycrafts, came in huge A1 sheets, in a variety of colours. You could also just stamp some plain paper and use underneath. One thing I learned doing this - stamp and heat emboss your sentiment first, the heat gun tends to lift the DST on the back!
 The sentiment is by Phill Martin, from a set called Snowflake sentiments,and the Poinsettia is a die by La Crea, and is smaller than the Spellbinders one. It was cut from another past NEC purchase, a deep red leather effect paper, which makes a glorious flower. Centre was filled with Glossy Accents and seed beads. A small flourish added under the flower. The snowflake, added top left, is from a Sue Wilson set, and hides a dent in the cardstock from the MM die, 😀.
 This technique of backing the MM die cuts with patterned paper is being done to death I'm afraid, as I said, I have a whole pile on my desk I'm turning into an assortment of cards. But it lends itself so well to pretty much any reason for a card, you can change the mood/occasion just by the colour/style of paper you back it with. Especially good for those difficult Sympathy/ Condolence cards, as it's simple but elegant.

12 comments:

Barb said...

What an absolutely stunning card this is. Everything about it is so beautiful. I love that paper Shaz. Barbxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Yup, Shaz I know just what a stunner this card is, I loved it and it had me hankering after MM dies, but bought the set below card not this set, though this perhaps is equally as good. Was hard to decide y'see. 😁
Hugs and prayers, ..trust you're well, and I lose days weeks all the time.
Shaz.x

dutchess said...

Hi Shaz...oh that is just stunning...love the die cut section and the beautiful flower....a stunning card,sorry I am late commenting but I have had to dash up to Scotland as Aunty has had a fall....xxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning Shaz, beautifully designed, I love the die shape on the corner, think it's the same one I have, so useful.
Beautiful colour pallet and the flowers are gorgeous. Hope all is well with you, Kate x

Christine Harrop said...

Wow, I just love that base die. Fabulous! The whole thing looks great Shaz. Christine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Using the marbled backing paper behind that gorgeous Mixed Media die really gives it a beautiful effect. A gorgeous card and so perfect for this challenge. Glad to see you back fit and well and crafting again even if you are losing days:)
Lorraine

Gibmiss said...

Hi Shaz
Hope you are well....
love your card... love the die cit corner... stunning
Hugs Sylvie xx

misteejay said...

Fabulous card Shaz. I love the Phill Martin sentiments.
Toni xx

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful card, Shaz. I love that MM die with the glittery paper behind it. Thanks for the tip about embossing before you glue anything behind!

That leather style paper sure lends itself well to making poinsettias as the veining of the flower petals shows through so nicely!

MaryH said...

This is just so elegant, as well as being breathtaking. Love the MM die effect backed with the cream color. And the cutout is so pretty! Also loving your leather-effects poinsettia too. Loads of texture. TFS & Hugs

Mrs A. said...

I love the look of the die cut and the backing design paper. The poinsettia is an elegant addition. I'm playing catch up too and only just got posted. hugs Mrs A.

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Shaz, such a beautiful design. Sorry to be so late commenting this time. Carol x
PS I hope you keeping okay and recovering well.

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...