A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Saturday 26 January 2013

Tags, mats & colours


I spent some time yesterday colouring some tags, so when I came to clean up my craft mat, I spread another colour or two on, spritzed with water and lay a few pieces of card on, before I wiped it all off. Waste not, want not, eh?

Talking of mats, the one I'm working on I picked up from the NEC, the 'unbranded' (ie, cheaper) version of those Splodge away mats. All they are is a sheet of Mylar, so ones as good as another, the way I see it. After having used it for a while, I find the only real difference between using this one, and my 'heatproof'  baking mat from Poundland, is that the Mylar one is rigid, whereas the other one is as flexible as paper. It is better than copy/scrap paper for sponging from, as you are not wasting any ink, which does mean you need to be careful how much ink you put down, as coming off this surface, a little goes a VERY long way.

 An assortment of tags- all cut myself, mainly from  assorted white card, although the one on the far left, and the two almost top centre, were cut from manilla coloured card. Some were done with the duster brushes, some with sponges and a few with cut n dry and a blender tool. You can see that the blending and finish varies quite a bit depending on the surface & how it was applied. The smoothest blends came from the Ink Duster brushes on tags cut from offcuts of Pearlescent white card. The 'patchy' ones were mainly done with sponges, and both looks could be achieved with the cut n dry, more depending on how heavy handed I was. I also used a mix of Distress pads & Adirondacks.

These off cuts were done with the Ink Duster brushes from Inkylicious. The two orange on some more of the pearlescent white, the green & red onto glossy.

6 comments:

ria gall said...

Some real lovely colours on your tags and background card should go a long way to some great finished projects
Ria

Anonymous said...

Love the colour range and you have been busy building up a good collection of tags.
Lynn x

Alison Scott said...

Great colours used. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the tags. Sure to be fabulous.

Ann B said...

Looks like you caught a rainbow and printed it. Making backgrounds is one of my favourite pastimes, can spend a happy hour or two playing with inks and paper.

Ann B
xx

Gill Edwards said...

love the colours and shades youve achieved

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

MM you have been having fun seen nd hard much about splodge mats must look for them on you tube as still dont know really what they are.. love it all Shaz!!

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...