A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Monday 27 September 2010

Mainly Monochrome

Stampsmiths Ophelia was stamped in Black Versafine onto an alcohol ink background, created using Stream, Denim and a tiny spot of Cranberry, with plenty of blending solution. She was cut out using a Nestabilities Petite scalloped ovals large and the black matt cut out with the next size up.Using the card that was left from cutting out the image (the negative shape) I marked the position the image would occupy on the front of the card with a light pencil. Two flourish stamps were then stamped in Black Versafine so they would extend out from under the image, sprinkled with sparkly black embossing powder and heat embossed.The Versafine is quite a 'wet' ink, and on pearlescent card stays wet long enough to take embossing powder. A third flourish was stamped in the top right corner and also heat embossed.The Ophelia image was stuck to the black matt with DST, then the whole thing stuck to the card front, also with DST.Four flowers, 2 black, 2 white, were stamped with 'Describe Her' text in the opposing colour, joined in pairs with a black or white brad and added to the card with silicone glue. Black eyelash wool was used to wrap around the card spine, and as I hadn't got a stamp small enough to blend in with the card, I used a small peel off in black for the Birthday sentiment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this monochrome look. The black fibers along the side offer some nice texture. Keep the great creations coming. :)

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...