A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 26 September 2010

Fast Christmas cards.

Two versions of a Christmas Card. The stamps are by Butterfly Kisses- there are quite a few designs of these trees, available as wood-mounted or unmounted. They all also have a matching background, in this case I used the background to the swirl tree to stamp long lines of the swirl, embossed with sparkly  or holographic embossing powder. These were trimmed and then stuck with DST and the edges covered with peeloff lines. With the holographic powder I found that heat applied for different lengths of time produced varying shades- an unexpected surprise, and looks good for the trees.I added a few self adhesive jewels to the trees, then matted onto opposing colour, then attached to the card front with foam tape. A peel off greeting finished them off. I need to make around 150 Christmas cards each year for friends, workmates, mine & Hubbys friends on forums etc, before I get to the special ones for family, so apart from starting early ( anyone who knows me knows this will never happen) I go for something that can be quickly put together but still look good, so I am not averse to using peeloffs for sentiments or edging.

No comments:

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...