A warm welcome to all my visitors,
Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. Please leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!
All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.
Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.
Thanks, Shaz XX
Rubber Art Stamping & Card Making.
Monday, 1 February 2016
Two colourways, one red, one green, both going really well with the chosen background.
This was a Kay & Co vellum I bought quite a few years ago now, I think it was being retired- don't you just love how 'retired' has replaced 'discontinued'? Anyway, it's a very thick embossed vellum, and is gorgeous. I think I bought half a dozen sheets and decided it was about time I used some, instead of hoarding it. Isn't it funny how we do that? Buy something really nice, then save it 'for a special project'.
This is what it looks like as a full sheet, the NOEL and the reindeer are embossed, as well as the holly and a few other bits.
The NOEL die cuts I did from chipboard weight cardboard,this was covered in PVA glue and sprinkled with glitter. I gave the glitter plenty of time to settle, then patted it down well.
They were left to dry thoroughly for a few days, then I covered the fronts of four 6"x6" card bases with the embossed vellum.
I sponged some Walnut Stain DI around the edges, and built it up a little in the corners.
To attach the NOEL to the card front I used foam dots.
This was the point I realised adding anything else in the way of embellishments was going to go horribly wrong, but I realised it did still need something, just not too much.
For the greeting, I turned again to my Peel-offs, and coloured two with a red marker, and two green.
I had a browse in my ribbons, and sure enough, there was a green that matched nicely, with some gold woven through it. So, the peel off went on the right hand side, and the ribbon was wrapped around the front next to the spine, and the ends overlapped inside with a glue dot.
By some stroke of luck, and I'm guessing I bought these ribbons with Christmas in mind, I had a red ribbon of the same pattern.
So, job done.