A warm welcome to all my visitors,
Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. Please leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!
All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.
Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.
Thanks, Shaz XX
Monday, 15 February 2016
Bird Crazy Birthday
I used the same method of die cutting the birthday sentiment from a sheet of card, then for the colour behind it, I used one of the backgrounds I uncovered the other day.
I also cut some additional letters to form 'Happy' from white card
The balloons are stamped on an offcut of the coloured card, cut out and coated with Glossy Accents.
I trim down a strip for going behind the sentiment, and add it with dst. Then the whole thing was matted onto purple card.
Next, I stamped out one of the Crazy Birds,cut him out using the matching dies, and coloured him with daubers and DI's.
His beak and eyes are coated first with masking fluid- available from any art shop- so his eyes will remain white, and I can colour his beak orange.
As I had to wait for the Glossy Accents to dry, I put the bird aside as well, and finished the card the next day.
I rubbed off the dried masking fluid with my fingers, leaving him nice clear, white eyes. His beak was coloured with Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress markers.
I matted the card panel onto a card blank, as a top fold card.
The HAPPY was added above the BIRTHDAY cut out using a Blutack Glue Stick. Hubby bought me these an age ago, and I've not actually tried them. I liked them- they go on blue, but dry clear. They are a good 'mid point' between tape and wet glue. When dry they hold really well, but whilst wet give you plenty of manoeuvre time. I used the same glue to add the bird,then some Pinflair glue gel to raise the balloons alittle. A fine black pen added the balloon strings.
For absolute certainty, I put the card aside with a couple of acrylic blocks on top of the letters and the bird, to make sure they stayed flat.