A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 7 February 2016

Yet another set of Christmas Cards.



So it's yet another set of Christmas Cards, 2 in each colourway, so 4 cards altogether.
 For starters, I masked off  the centre section of a piece of square card, roughly 5"x5", using some torn copy paper.  For the Blue and purple card I used Broken China, Tumbled Glass & Mermaid Lagoon blue D I's, with Dusty Concord and Shaded Lilac purples to sponge between the torn edges of the copy paper.
These were left to dry out thoroughly, as I wanted to heat emboss the lettering, but didn't want the Embossing Powder to stick to the sponging as well.
For the red/green card, it was Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn, along with  Candied Apple and Festive Berries.
  
 The Christmas Words stamp is by Visible Image, and on the blue/purple card I used Salty Ocean to stamp with. I generally find on all but the most porous of cardstocks, Distress Inks are wet enough to emboss with, and if in any doubt, I tap clear embossing ink on the stamp first, then the coloured ink, and that works just fine. Barn Door was used on the red/green base.
In both cases, the masks were replaced so the word stamping was only visible on the sponged areas.
 Both were heat embossed using WOW! Clear Hologram Sparkle Embossing Glitter. They were now matted onto a matching cardstock, then attached to the card front with DST.
 I'd cut some Christmas trees out, using the Tim Holtz Woodlands die set, and one of these was added to each card front with a Zig glue pen. I lay an acrylic block on top of each, and left them to set overnight.




The snow effect on the branches was created with White Opal Liquid Pearls, with Glamour Dust glitter sprinkled over the top.
Final addition was another Tim Holtz die, Holiday Words Script 1, using Merry Christmas cut from white card for a white on white look.
 I think the Snow Words stamp has been retired now, but you could substitute any words stamp, or indeed use a few small stamps, mixed with some snowflake stamps.
 You could even use the words die to cut some words from fun foam and make your own word stamp- just remember to cut them out back to front.




So, I'm now up to 21 cards finished, and I have the fronts for another 10 on my desk.



























10 comments:

Helen said...

Love these!! the bold strip of colour is gorgeous on the card with the plain black and white . you're going to have plenty of time on your hands for other things come November/December!!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Lovely designs. You are going to be so smug come December!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Love these Shaz. At this rate, you're not going to be panicking in November! :)

Shoshi said...

Great cards, Shaz. I love how you've created the landscape effect with masking, and lovely colour schemes too. I so admire your discipline making Christmas cards in January and February - these are the months when I'm really relieved that it's all over and Christmas is the LAST thing I want to think about lol!!

Hope you are OK.

Shoshi x

Beverley Baird said...

I'm late visiting - but had to say just how stunning your cards are. Thanks for sharing the how - tos. Looks like fun.

Kelly said...

I love what you do with layers. Those cards are pretty. Creative Blessings! Kelly #43 aka Rain

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz,

Beautiful cards. Thanks for explaining your process and the colors you used. I have some of the distress inks and need to dig them out of their hiding place to have a play. Also, LOVE the tree. It's just beautiful.

Can't believe you have that many Christmas cards made already! WOW

Hope you are doing well. I think of you often.

Hugs,
Kay

trisha too said...

SO very pretty, and your description almost makes me think I could make some like them!

Almost . . .

Missed you this woyww, just wanted to stop by and say hi!

:)

Kim said...

OMG These are stunning! I may need to refer back when I get my holiday card making bug!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh, just gorgeous! I'm pinning this tutorial if you don't mind. Really looks like something I might could attempt and learn from. Thanks! xoxo

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...