A warm welcome to all my visitors,
Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. Please leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!
All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.
Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.
Thanks, Shaz XX
Wednesday, 24 February 2016
Lavinia Toadstools and SU Woodgrain.
To be honest, this wasn't exactly what I'd planned when I started. It sort of grew as I went along. I was going to say it mushroomed, but that would have been a terrible pun.
It started out with the Stampin Up Woodgrain stamp, onto a sheet of white pearl card, using DI Gathered Twigs, and adding some extra markings along the plank lines & around the knots using the Ground Espresso marker.
Next up some grasses along the bottom, and I used some stamps from an Inkylicious set called Essential Grasses, and a few shades of green from Adirondack.
Then I made a light mark across the top of the planks, about a half inch down, and cut the triangle peaked boards.
I used a Vintage Photo Distress marker to colour all the edges, including the peaks. Tip here, if you are doing this sort of edging with a marker pen, work with the marker at the back. That way, if the marker slips- and I can pretty much guarantee it always does for me- the resulting line will be on the back of your piece, not the front.
Next I added some Lavinia Stamps Toadstools at the bottom, and also stamped out some Lavinia Spotty Toadstools to colour,both in Versafine Onyx Black. This is where it went off plan, as I hadn't intended to add cut out toadstools until now, but I'd sort of got the 'Fairies at the bottom of the garden' idea in my head.
First off I used a couple of H2O's, a purple and a blue, intending to do the toadstools in two colours and blend them in the middle.
Not too bad, but the blend didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I think it was the wrong type of card for the idea, to be fair. It sort of started to pill a bit. So I swapped to Distress Markers, and did a couple of different blends- a pink/red, and I've also tried a yellow/orange which worked quite well.
It does give a nice sheen to the spots, and afterwards I decided to add a little Diamond Stickles on top for a bit of shimmer.
With the toadstools stuck in place, I stamped the two small fairies, again Lavinia Stamps. You can't see it in the picture, but I also added some tiny dots of Diamond Stickles as fairy dust falling from their hands.
The whole panel was matted onto black, then red card, then mounted onto a Black card blank.
Final touch was to stamp the Lavinia Stamps word stamp, 'Those who don't believe in magic will never find it', onto a scrap of white pearl card, then matt the same as for the main image.