Rubber Art Stamping & Card Making.

A Warm Welcome to all my visitors.

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really appreciate it. Please leave me a comment, even just to say Hi, It means I can come and visit you, and find new friends!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If they have been inspired by someone else, I have credited them in the info. Please feel free to use my designs, I just ask that you provide a link back to my blog, Thanks.


Saturday, 1 March 2014

Ladybirds everywhere............

Earlier in the week, when I made the Butterfly/Dragonfly cards with the Papermainia Urban stamps, I mentioned I'd seen a Ladybird stamp- well I had to, didn't I? The Andy Skinner ones just happened to fall into my E-bay basket during the week, too. I'd been keeping my eye on that for a while, and found it at a good price. Anyhow, back to the Ladybirds. The plan was to do some similar cards to the others, but I didn't think white embossing would really work for them, so I stamped these in black. I did one strip with just stamped images, and one strip was heat embossed. Both used Versafine Onyx Black. I cut the stamp down again into separate Ladybirds.


The ones I stamped and heat embossed in black I used an embossing pen to colour the bodies, then coated them in red embossing powder so I had nice shiny Ladybirds. In hindsight, it would have been quicker and simpler to have used a red pen and clear powder!




The embossing pen goes on blue so you can see what you are doing.






Heat embossing them completely did mean I didn't need to mask them for the inking bit. Started off with DI Tumbled Glass.

 Added a little texture to the background with a piece of sponge and DI Broken China.





Then I used the Water Droplets stamp again- I love this stamp, can you tell-in DI Salty Ocean. I also love this colour- so bright and vibrant.



A quick wipe over with kitchen towel removed any stray ink from the Ladybirds.









Now for the un-embossed strip- this meant masking off the Ladybirds.



Again, I stamp one on the top post-it, peel off half a dozen post-its together, then cut out a whole bunch in one go.



Being small images, they pretty much fit entirely on the glue strip.





First inking was Shabby Shutters DI, with a colour duster brush. Followed by Mowed Lawn, and finally Peeled Paint.


Then the Water droplets stamp again, in Mowed Lawn. Love how it works as a tone-on-tone stamp.






The Ladybirds un-masked!



 I coloured the Ladybirds this time with Distress Marker Festive Berries.











Mounted, and the greeting stamped in Versafine Majestic Blue.



This one was stamped in Versafine Olympia Green.

Supplies:
 Papermania Urban stamp, Ladybirds
Water Droplets stamp, Designs by Ryn
DI in Shabby shutters, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Salty Ocean
 Versafine inkpads, Black, Olympia green and Majestic Blue
 Black or clear embossing powder
 DI Marker, Festive Berries
 Embossing pen & Red embossing powder, or Red marker and clear powder


4 comments:

getinkywithsilke.com said...

Beautiful!

Julia Dunnit said...

See, I commented on last week again, because I'm a twit. And these are amazing..I love your tip for cutting the masks, although I have to be very honest here and say that the ladybirds legs would be a gonner!! and I'll say it again...these raindrops...I'm going to have to own them soon!!

gardenpinks said...

Just love these cards and may have to CASE this idea :) I shall look out for the Urban stamps at the NEC later this month!!
Lynn xx

Kyla said...

Love these and especially the water droplets.
Kyla

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...