A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 21 June 2020

Christmas Card Club #13- Sentiment, no Image.

Back again with our regular Christmas Card Challenge, and this weeks theme has been chosen by Christine, who wants to see the Sentiment as the focal point, no image.
I've put together 6 cards, all using dies- and in the case of the JOY card, stamps- that I bought last year and never got around to using.
These are made with a Sue Wilson Die called Stacked Layering Noel Die, you get both types of NOEL, plus a 'shadow' die. The idea is that you can stack the cutaway Noel on top of the solid one, but I thought I'd get two cards out of it instead! They have both been mounted onto a piece of cardstock run through an embossing folder, in fact all six cards got that treatment, just using an assortment of folders. I used the same cardstock for the shadow as I used for the matt layer.
You also get a bauble and snowflake die in the set.










This one I did in gold & silver, and I *think* it may have been a Memory Box die, but I'm not certain. I didn't always used to keep the packaging.



The final two use a stamp and die set from Pretty Pink Posh, called Joy. I saw Jennifer McGuire use it back last year, and thought it was fab, so I broke my habit of not buying stamp/die sets. The reason I very rarely do that is that I don't like the white border that is usually left around the image when it's die cut, but with this it wasn't going to matter, and to be fair, it cuts almost exactly on the image anyway.




 The stamp is lots of tiny Christmas images, and mine are stamped white on white. There are additional small Christmas images & matching dies, but I didn't use those.
 
I also die cut the letters from white fun foam, just to add a little dimension.

This tip here Jennifer gave in her video- to position your letters nicely, line them up to a straight edge- I used one of the lines on the glass mat- then lay a length of purple tape- or any low tack tape- over the top, and use that to lift & position your letters.
Works perfectly, and the tape isn't wasted, it can be reused for something else.

11 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Fabulous cards for my challenge Shaz. I have the two Sue Wilson dies and not used them for a while so this reminds me to dig them out again. Hope you are well. Christine xx

Rita said...

Beautiful cards Shaz. I love everyone of them. So well put together. Hope you are Well. Hugs Rita xx

dutchess said...

Great cards Shaz...lots of variety and all gorgeous...take care xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful selection of cards Shaz, all super designs and colours, perfect for the challenge, Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A great set of cards for the theme this week, always a good feeling to use stash that has been forgotten or never used before too.
Lorraine

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Shaz, love the designs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mrs A. said...

Six super cards and perfect for the challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

gwen70 said...

Gorgeous selection of cards perfect for the challenge

Gibmiss said...

Hi Shaz
Stunning cards ...I have a couple of those dies ...which I had forgotten about ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

rachel said...

Wonderful die cutting - amazing work Shaz! Well done you xx

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful cards, Shaz! I love them all but especially love the one where the words form a tree shape. I think I own this die so as soon as my neck can handle a sork session in my craft room, I will email you the name of that die. It is filed in a very heavy plastic basket full of Christmas dies and I do not think I can lift it over into place to flip through it right now...

Sorry I did not get a chance to submit these last two challenges. My neck is just too tight and sore to want to sit and create and did not even have a spare Christmas card around that I could use.

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...