A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 30 January 2019

WOYWW #504-The Sink Hole Edition.

Yep, we had one of those last week. Right in front of our house. Pictures at the end, if you're interested.😉
 Desk-wise, it has crafting on it.
 The cards are more finished UFO's, in the post below. Two more UFO's matted up at the back, behind the inkpads. A whole pile awaiting further inspiration over on the right.
 The black case is the one Hubby bought me for my Prismacolor pencils. A hard shell case, so they're well protected. And roomy, I think it'll hold 180, which is more than there are in the range. Currently.

 Only one new item this week, some Micron fineliner pens.
Bought from Amazon, they range from 0.05 to 0.8, plus a brush one. It was the really fine ones I was interested in, as I had to touch up a couple of images last week, the ones in UFO's 2, due to a slight overlap of masking, and my current smallest, 0.3, was still a little thick.

That's all my desk sharing for this week, as always linking up at Julias place, The Stamping Ground.

So, that sink hole.




Started out like this.



 Rapidly became this as Severn Trent arrived and began digging.



Soon uncovered a hole full of water.



And repaired the next day, so not so bad.







Which brings me to......And Finally.......



Saw this last week, and it really made me laugh.

20 comments:

Helen said...

you were quite lucky with your sink hole, I have seen them hanging around for ages before repair... hope it remains solid! Love the micron pens; oh enabler! Helen #?

Neet said...

Glad to see you working on the UFO's, something I need to do here.
Don't mention sink holes! I once had my driveway collapse - ended up with a 13' square hole which nobody would take responsibility for - until my house threatened to subside! Cost a fortune to repair. Will have to dig some photos out to show you - turned out I had a Victorian Culvert running underneath the driveway - lovely arched thing but so glad when I left it.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I remember having a box full of UFOs. Very satisfying to get them finished. Lucky that the sink hole was in the middle of the road, so those cars weren't damaged. Ali x #8

Claire said...

Oh my! But I'm impressed it's already repaired - they're not so prompt in Lincolnshire...
Great desk photos!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 6

glitterandglue said...

Morning Shaz. My word - you certainly see life in your neighbourhood, don't you?! Glad it is now sorted though - don't want cars disappearing into the murky, muddy depths!! You are also making huge inroads into your UFOs - well done! If you run out, and can cope with a settee to sleep on.... well, let's just say I have cupboards full of unfinished symphonies, shall we?
Take care the pair of you. God bless.
Margaret #2

Annie said...

Glad to see they've already filled in the sink hole....lets hope that's the end of it for you. Good also to see you still clearing the UFOs...well done you.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lolol at the And Finally! After years of playing the cello and piano, not only are my fingertips splayed but my fingerprints are definitely lacking. It's a Fair Cop, is all I can say!! I'm glad your sink hole was repaired so quickly, let's hope there's no repeat performances.
Hugs LLJ 10 xxxx

Kyla said...

Ooh they sorted that really quickly!
Love the glue gun statement too!!
Kyla

Marit said...

Yup, the last picture/phrase made me laugh too, I will try to remember that one to use when it fits! I, too, am always short on the very small markers... I always look if I can buy them somewhere 'loose' so I don't have to buy a whole package/range of markers... Happy woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #18

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I had to skip straight to the photos of the sinkhole LOL - lucky it wasn't bigger - you know the type that you see in disaster movies that can swallow you! Love all the cards on your desk - the dragonfly caught my eyes immediately and the florals are so colourful! Thanks for your visit - have a lovely week! zsuzsa #20

Stacy Sheldon said...

oh wow that is amazing that they were able to get that street fixed so quickly. and hahaha the joke made me laugh out loud too.
I really like having my pencils in a case over a container because, I use some colors more than others and the ones I want tend to be too short to see at first glance when they are in a cup. :) ~Stacy #26

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad the sink hole was sorted so quickly. I will have to look out for those fineliners. Great cards with the UFOs. Happy WOYWW and thanks for the visit. Sarah #4

Caro said...

Well done for making progress with the UFOs. I love micron fineliners - they are fab! Glad your sink hole was sorted nice and quickly. The funny made me laugh. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely week, with love and God Bless, Caro x (#30)

Twiglet said...

So glad they sorted the sink hole - I had horrible thoughts of you all disappearing down it - like Alice! Love the .. and finally.. who knows what a crafter could do if they really put their mind to it!! xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Very funny Shaz, love it. Nice set of new pens too. Have a lovely creative week and a very happy WOYWW, Angela x15x

StampinCarol said...

Boy, they were fast on the sink hole! My UFOs are mostly card fronts that need to be adhered to a folded base. Love the quote! What a hoot!
Thanks for popping by! Have a great week!
Carol N (corrected to 25)

Annie Claxton said...

hehehe another brilliant And finally :o) And how fantastic to have a perfect excuse, in fact an obligation to buy any new colours of prismacolour pencils which may come out!! Annie C #32

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m sorry I’m late! I read your post during break yesterday on my phone and then it wouldn’t let me leave a comment...ofgs it’s so frustrating! That sink hole was a bit more than alarming, very glad they didn’t just stick a fence round it and cock up traffic and parking for a couple of weeks! Interesting about your micron pens..god how I hate a thin nib, but Lordy, how I need a thin nib sometimes!

Lindart said...

I just bought some micron pens today! Two sets of 3, ranging from 005 to 05. I used my Michael's gift card from Christmas, and they were on sale! That sinkhole must have been scary, I've seen them swallow up cars! Good thing it was caught in time. Thanks for your visit, and your input on inks, and have a great week Lindart #24!

Crafter with No fingerprints said...

Hi, I love the quote about crafters, make me think back before everything change and we were allowed to come together and craft. And we did not even realize how lucky we were!!

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...