A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 6 January 2019

Christmas Card Club - Snowflakes

Running late today, struggling to get into the Christmas Card zone, to be honest. Plus, I made quite a few cards last year using snowflakes, so had to think of something new! Christine chose this first theme of the year for us.
I managed four in the end, and as I made a Masterboard, I have plenty left over to do some more.


These panels were trimmed from the Masterboard,and matted onto dark blue card. I initially cut the sentiment from the same dark blue cardstock, but when I came to add it, realised it vanished into the background, so swapped it for white. The die is a Sue Wilson one.



Went for Eclipse cards next, replacing the O in snow with a layered snowflake. 


 This time I stamped a strip of white cardstock with a random assortment of snowflakes, using Brilliance Pearlescent blue.



Last of the four and again a panel from the Masterboard, and a layered snowflake, the snowflake die is another Sue Wilson one, it's lovely, but it's a real pain to cut well!


This was the masterboard I made, a random selection of snowflakes again, stamped in Clair Medieval Blue and Silver Encore and heat embossed with Crystal EP. Given a few spritzes of a blue Mica spray, an old one from That Special Touch. The original blue was quite dark, so I mixed some White Pearl with it in a Mini Mister, and gave it a couple of sprays, then added a couple of drops of Blueprint Sketch re inker to it to give me a slightly darker shade.

11 comments:

dutchess said...

Great cards Shaz...absolutely stunners....xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Shaz and Happy New Year to you and Doug.
Your cards are stunning, gorgeous colours and designs. The Snowflakes dies are beautiful. I find that Sue Wilson's dies are generally difficult to cut out, well done for sticking with it, Kate x x

Kyla said...

Some fabulous cards Shaz, I haven't even started mine yet (though I do tend to get a few done before end of Jan so not panicing too much).

Also love your review of the TH travel stamping platform on the previous post, thorough as ever and I know how meticulous you are with stamping so I may have to look into buying one.

kyla

rachel said...

Gorgeous masterboard Shaz and very great cards - well done! Big hugs rachel x

Sarah Brennan said...

Great cards Shaz.

Rita said...

Happy New Year Shaz and Doug. Your cards are beautiful, love them all. Hugs Rita xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Happy New Year Shaz. What a fabulous bunch of cards! You have produced a real snow storm! Christine x

Gibmiss said...

HiShaz
Fabulous assortment of cards...
Hugs Sylvie xxx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Great work Shaz, I’ve looked at these master boards on Angela’s blog but we don’t get card that big, normally but do have some in my stash. Think big is daunting though so may try small first.. A4. Love them all, doing some myself too, see on WOYWW.
Hugs Shaz.x

Mrs A. said...

Oh Shaz, These are all super. Love your idea of creating a master board and then using strips of it. Very creative thinking too replacing the O in snow on the other cards. Wonderful mix of ideas. Hugs Mrs A.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oooooh nice Masterboard Shaz! Loving the cards. I read what you said about the sentiment disappearing into the background and I've had that problem on occasions myself and found that if you use the darker coloured words as a shadow and put the lighter ones on top they stand out even better. Happy creative week, Angela xxx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...