A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 3 February 2019

Christmas Card Club #3- Angels or Fairies.


This fortnights challenge was set by GranMargaret, and she wants us to use Angels or Fairies. I don't have any angel stamps in my stash- apart from a set of tiny ones from Card-io-, but I do have fairies. Lots of fairies.

 My scenes were inspired by this card on Pinterest, which unfortunately has no name or blog attached to it, so I can't provide credit to them.


 

I cut the masks I used myself from Stencil material, which I bought from E-Bay. The circle used a die, the outer circle from a Crealies Patchwork die set. The Bell & tall arch were cut on my Silhouette.


I cut two sizes of the arch, but in the end used the larger one, which is roughly 7" x4".





I used my much loved Adirondack pads for all the inking, and Versafine Clair in Nocturne for most of the stamping.
 I stamped the moon stamp in Adirondack Aqua, and blended a pink, pale blue and medium blue for the sky. All the hills were inked in using Adirondack Stonewashed.The tall tree has Liquid Pearls in Peacock & Garnet as baubles. An acrylic star added to the top. The Fairy, Fairy Fir Tree (2) & Moon all Lavinia Stamps. The treeline was created with Card-io stamps,Mini Tall Trees. The single tree is from a Visible Image set, Peace, Love Hope. Greeting from a Crafters Companion set, Festive Sentiments.

 The small snowflakes are from Card-io,an older set called Winter Flurry. I stamped them in Versamark, then added WOW! Opaque Bright White EP. This is an A4 folded cardstock base.




The inking was done the same way on this bell shape, and the stamps used here are all Lavinia stamps, Fir Tree, Fairy chain (small), and Moon. The sentiment is from a Phill Martin set, Scribbled Christmas Petite Sentiments. The fairies & the sentiment were stamped in Clair Twilight.
I outlined the bell with a pale blue gel pen, then went over that with a Gelly Roll Clear Star pen. The card base is a 7" square scallop.This one also has embossed snowflakes, but hard to see in the pic.
 Stickles instead of  Pearls used for the Baubles.
 I guess I could call this one Rockin' around the Christmas Tree!

Final card, and this one uses the same tree as the first one, Fairy Fir Tree 2, just not fully stamped. The fairy, Midsummer Night is the same one too. Again some small Card-io trees from the first set used to stamp a treeline. Same liquid Pearls used, and this time the sentiment is from a Hobby Art set, Winter Wishes. 7" card blank used again. Winter Flurry stamps used for the snowflakes, heat embossed as before.

Thought you might like to see how much mess I can create!
Entering these into :
A Perfect Time to Craft Challenge.
Winter Wonderland Challenge 
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge 
Crimbo Crackers 
Crafty Creations Challenge

10 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Shaz
Love your cards... all fabulous ... great inking backgrounds...
hugs Sylvie xx

Christine Harrop said...

These are really beautiful Shaz! You have created gorgeous backgrounds. Hugs Christine x

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Shaz, your cards are stunning, I love the fairies and the scenes you've placed them in. Fabulous inking and colours. Perfect for the challenge.
Thanks so much for the kind words regarding my BiL and thanks too for the tip of crystallised ginger, I will certainly pass it on, Kate x

Rita said...

Beautiful fairy cards Shaz. Everyone of then is fabulous. Love how you have done them too. Hugs Rita xxxx

rachel said...

Absolutely beautiful Shaz - really perfect! Hugs rachel x

dutchess said...

Fabulous cards Shaz....stunning backgrounds and those gorgeous fairies....hugs xxxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous Shaz, love them. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

Mrs A. said...

Your fairy Christmas cards all look fabulous. I love the scribes you have created with them. Almost makes me wish I had used my stamps now!! Lol. Hugs Mrs A.
P.s. Saw the picture of you sink hole. I dread one appearing in our village as it is built over 40 under water springs.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorjuss, Shaz, love them all.
Shaz in Oz.x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Super Cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland Challenge. Marlene DT.

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...