A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Tuesday 27 November 2018

WOYWW #495- The Messy edition.

And this is nothing compared to the state of hands! I decided I'd have a play and create some more Brusho backgrounds. Built myself a blast shield from newspaper, lol.




This pile is pretty much dry.







These are getting there.




I also have the sheets of Paper Towel I was working on top of.



2 sheets together, so this is side 1.



And this is side 2.



The Papercrafts show on Saturday was quite good, the only downside, which I didn't realise beforehand, or I'd have found us another route there, instead of the M42, was that The Bike Show was on at the NEC. 20 minute journey under normal circumstances, took us an hour and a half, and the majority of that was the last 5 miles or so.
 Lots of exhibitors there, some favourites, like Honey Doo & Circa Design, and lots of others I'd not seen before. Didn't buy a huge amount, some of the last release of Oxides, a batch of glitter cardstock, a fab Dragon stamp by a brand called Pink Ink, and discovered Dies To Die For, a company that carries a huge amount of USA companies work. Some storage boxes and some sparkly embellishments pretty much rounded off the haul.




Just had to show these- in each case, it's only one colour of Brusho sprinkled onto wet cardstock.










Over the weekend it was the Christmas card challenge, and I think I've got more than enough cards now, so I made some gift tags.Details in the post below.




















And I'm almost done.  I'll be popping over to Julias at The Stamping Ground, and leaving my link there, so I'll see you all later.

That just leaves......And Finally.......



















                                                               Best quote ever!

18 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Shaz. You're early this week. Glad you enjoyed the show. Pity about the traffic. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

Helen said...

Fab quote! great Brusho work too; I can only imagine your hands, mine get in a right old state!! Helen #5

StampinCarol said...

That is a great quote!! Made me laugh! Your Brusho projects are gorgeous! They remind me of how playing with Ken Oliver's Color Burst looks at times! I love your tags. I need to get some done.... one of these days. Have a great week!
Carol N #7

Claire said...

As soon as I saw all the newspaper in the photo, I thought 'she's splashing and spraying' :D Love it!!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire, no. 9

Annie said...

Really love all the 'messy' play this week. Gorgeous colours and great effects. As for this week's quote....just perfect.
Hugs,
Annie x #13

Neet said...

Glad you enjoyed the show and got some nice things to play with later. It took us a long time to get down to Coventry on Friday but this 50 mph speed limit caused most of the time.
Love all your gift cards, what lucky people you have to receive so much of your artwork.
Hugs to you both
Neet xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Yes Shaz totally love brushos.. but they’re messy so well done on scrap paper use. Cards.. too many of only not here I don’t di batches but need to! Happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x #15

Marit said...

I assume 'brusho' is something like 'bister'... a powder/pigment? I recognize the effect of the powder sprinkled onto wet paper - it's lovely! Happy woyww and a big hug from Holland. Marit #17

Belinda said...

Wow! I have to dig out my Brusho after looking at your creative play. I really don't know how to use them but perhaps if I would play I can create some beauties too. And weren't you Miss Productive when it came to all those Christmas cards!! I am so jealous. I haven't even started!
Thanks for the visit. Our Thanksgiving meal was yummy thanks to my incredible mother-in-law and the talk with Michelle Obama still gives me goose bumps! Have a blessed day my friend and keep on playing because it looks great!
Belinda (#21 I think)

Lindart said...

That's a great quote! I'll bet many an invention or discovery was made that way! Glad you are having so much fun with the brushos, I really like the single colour on wet paper ones. I've been seeing your cards on instagram, they are gorgeous! We are having a postal strike here, I think I will have to mail my cards ASAP if they are to be delivered, and even then I don't know if they will get anywhere before Christmas. Hopefully the government is working things out and Christmas won't be affected. Have a great week, Lindart #22

Magic Maggie said...

Hello - I love seeing what you do!! I found out yesterday there are sparkly Brushos. Saving up for some (I'm a bit skint as I got a SNAP machine the other day. Did you get a new machine? If so what?
Bit of sad news to relate....Charleycat died on Friday - he was very poorly. The house is so quiet without the little scrap of life around. Having to rely on birds and hedgehogs for odd squeaks etc.
Hope you are well.
Love
Maggie (Yorkite)

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, love the quote at the end. I can relate to that in so many ways lol. Brusho - I seem to have found something crafty I can live without. That looks way too messy for my small craft room. The papers look good, hard to believe the ones that are just one colour. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with them. Well done on the Christmas gift tag haul. I'm a bit behind but I'm sure I'll find time, somewhere. Thanks for stopping by earlier and have a lovely week Heather x #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, loving your Christmas cards but playtime is even better and look forward to seeing how you use the samples. Happy woyww, Angela x16x

Shoshi said...

My word Shaz, you are being productive at the moment! What a wealth of gorgeous backgrounds to play with. Will you be overlaying them with some of your fabulous die cut panels again? I haven’t used my Brushos for ages - after I got them I discovered Infusions, which I prefer as the colours are more subtle and they have those lovely little brown walnut bits in them. For vibrancy though, Brushos are great. The quote made me smile, and also made me quite thoughtful too - in these days where anything goes behaviour-wise and people say right is wrong, and wrong is right, whenever you try to do the right thing you upset someone!!

Thanks for your visit. I agree about kitty personalities. For me, one of the joys of starting with new kittens is watching their little personalities emerge as they grow. They all have their individual little foibles! Ruby is definitely the naughty, irresponsible one and Lily the “older” sister who can be a bit of a tale-bearer sometimes... “Mummeeeee... Ruby’s being norty again...” - it’s really funny how she comes and tells us when her sister is in trouble!

So glad you like the flowers. I’ve just remembered I’ve got an ileostomy day on Saturday so I’ve got even less time to complete the mystery project than I thought!! Skates will definitely be on today.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Those backgrounds are fab and I did laugh at your blast shield. I only did a tiny bit of stamping yesterday and got covered all up my arm - it's a skill, you know! Laughed out loud at the quote, it's something I aim to do throughout my life :-D
Sorry I'm late replying, Julia and I were having too much fun shopping and crafting yesterday!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxxx

craftyani said...

Love your messy desk. If I attempted something like this I would have a multicolour cat. Have a good week. Ani #12

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Shaz, I am totally impressed that you have so much space to work in. ( I have a tall cardboard box and I drop cardstock into it to do spray mess things) so, one at a time. The color flow on those backgrounds look gorgeous :)
Those tags look very fun too, I love the mistletoe one esp.
Stacy #25

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, apologies for being so late - it's been a very busy couple of days. I did chuckle at your blast shield. I love Brushos but playing with them is a messy affair. You've plenty of backgrounds to work with now - I look forward to seeing what you do with them. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Elizabeth x #6

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...