A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 11 November 2018

Christmas Card Club Challenge #23- Decorations/Gifts

For my cards for this challenge, which was chosen by Rita, I've gone with the decorations theme, and that's baubles and trees!
 In all cases, I've used Sweet Poppy stencils and stencil paste, and some have also been hot foiled. The foil ones are not always easy to photograph, as depending how the light catches them makes a world of difference to what you see.Had to take them over by the window so the colours would show, otherwise they just look black.


Starting with some foiled baubles, both backing papers are from old packs, the red I think came from The Works last year, and the blue is an old Dovecraft one, quite a few years old now.The blue baubles have some acrylic gems added for a bit of bling.









These next baubles are a new stencil from Sweet Poppy this year, and I thought it worth a try to add foil, then see if I could stencil another design onto the bauble after. You can, but it's a bit fiddly, lol.



 For the Blue bauble I used a Tim Holtz Snowflake layering stencil and silver paste.


The top red one also uses a TH stencil, Flourish, this time with gold paste.

On the bottom red bauble I've used an old brass stencil of a holly border.








That foil on the bows is actually gold, not green.






 Again, paper from a pad from The Works used as a backing.











The sentiments are peel off stickers coloured to match with Sharpies.




















Next set of cards uses another new this year stencil, called Starry Night Tree. To get the marbled effect, I added blobs of paste on one side, then sort of shimmied the spreader across the stencil. I was hoping to get the paste down without straight lines, and it worked ok. Acrylic gems added randomly to match the trees.




One final tree card, the stencil is called Swirl Tree.
 Covered in green foil, and some red gems added.
 Backing paper from a stack from The Works, back last year, I think.
The sentiment is a Crealies die, layered up for dimension.










10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

All the cards are both pretty and festive! Way to go!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Shaz, what amazing cards, I love the baubles and all the foiling, the trees are fabulous, gorgeous colours and fab papers, Kate x

dutchess said...

A beautiful selection of cards you have made Shaz..all so different...you really have been busy......hugs xxxx

Kelly said...

Hey Shaz!
your cards are always so beautiful and artistic. YOu inspire me. Creative Blessings!
Kel

rachel said...

Wow what a haul! Brilliant cards Shaz one and all! I love the tree ones especially! Gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Shaz
All fabulous cards... beautiful and sparkly...
hugs Sylvie xx

Mrs A. said...

Fab set of baubles and trees so that's your decorations all sorted for this yr. lol. Hugs Mrs A.

Rita said...

Absolutely Stunning Cards Shaz. Never tried foiling, but it looks so beautiful on your creations. Hugs Rita xxxx

Christine Harrop said...

Wow! What a stunning set of cards Shaz. Fabulous collection. Who said the camera doesn't lie? It always amazes me how the colours look so different. I have managed to get my CCC project up today at last. Christine x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous Shaz xXx

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...