A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Sunday 4 November 2018

Card strips, and getting more mileage from your dies.

Six cards made using strips of off cuts, sorry if the image looks a little blurred in places, Glitter & camera lenses do not play nicely together!
I'd started off making up some panels- I haven't used the rainbow ones yet.

I had a thought the other day about a design, I'd recalled the Tim Holtz Umbrella Man die, and realised I could chop off the umbrella, and add a bunch of balloons instead.
So, I cut 3 men from the striped panels, and 3 from plain card. I also cut 3 sets of balloons from the striped panels, and a whole bunch from some pearl paper off cuts. The balloon die is semi cut through around the balloons, so I could easily separate parts and paper piece them.
 I cut balloon sets also from plain card, so I could do the piecing onto a firm base.
 I *think* the balloon set came from Aliexpress.




For the first set I made, I used the Umbrella man cut from the strip panels, and matched that up with paper pieced balloons,and a strip of glitter card/paper, die cut with a curved line die, at the bottom.

The sentiment is a Crealies die, cut from 3 layers of black card, and one layer of glitter card, and stacked up for dimension.

I  cut away the Umbrella from each one, and then re-shaped the arm a little to look more realistic.
 As the balloons are part cut, I used a double layer of foam pads behind the Heart balloon at the front, and a single layer under the others.




This black card base is a top fold card, as is the black and white one. C5 size.

Put together exactly the same as the first.


The brown version has a sheet of backing paper added, from an old paper pad by Prima.

The next set of three use the plain card Umbrella man, and strip panel balloons.
 The all also have a paper backing, The grey one on the right from an old Papermania pad set with a Steampunk theme, the other two from the Prima pad.


They are all created the same as above. One Umbrella man facing the other way, I put the cardstock on the die upside down, lol.

 The Birthday Wishes sentiment is made from two Crealies dies, Happy Birthday and Best Wishes. Again, another way to stretch your dies a little.

 You can make these more feminine or masculine, depending on the colour choices you use.

6 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Absolutely brilliant cards, I love the balloons in place of the umbrella! The stripes work well as a background or the balloons/man...clever you!
Hugs LLJ xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card ideas, love them. Hugs, Angela xXx

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulously designed cards Shaz, loving your selection of papers and dies. You're so creative and inspirational, Kate x

Kyla said...

The cards look brilliant, I watched the video, great technique but think its too fiddly for my hands. Loving how you have adapted them for your cards though.
Kyla

iHanna said...

Lovely use of strips, and fun cards!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lovely work Shaz, clever little vegemite thinking outside the box, Hugs Shaz,x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...