A warm welcome to all my visitors,

Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my blog, I really do appreciate it. I would love you to leave me a comment, even if it’s just to say Hi. It means I can come visit you!

All my designs are original, so copyrighted to me. If I have been inspired by someone elses work, I have named them in the post, and where able, I have provided a link.

Please feel free to use my designs for inspiration, I just ask you to credit me, and provide a link back to my blog.

Thanks, Shaz XX

Wednesday 3 October 2018

WOYWW #487

 Not looking too untidy, but I have to tell the truth, I'd actually started putting stuff away when I realised I'd forgotten to take the picture. WOYWW time again, desks galore shared over at Julia's place, The Stamping Ground.  
 If you've not joined in with this, just leave your link at Julias on a Wednesday, and visit the other desks, and we'll come and visit you too. It's great fun, and we're about as close to normal as we're ever going to get.😂
 I've been playing about with Eclipse cards, hence the Alpha dies under the Stampin Up stamp case. One of my whole 3 SU stamps, lol. Behind them, some Stencil paste experiments and some foiling ones too. A couple of  Clair inkpads, some DST, and a Microfibre cloth. One from a cheap pack of 3 from Poundland. Use it to dry my stamps after babywiping them. I've noticed that wipes tend to leave fibres behind, but the microfibre cloth pulls them all off.





These Birthday cards are what I've been up to for the last day or so. You may have to enlarge the image to see the design clearly, I can see it's not too clear in this pic.


I'll blog them later in the week.

















I made 4 Christmas Eclipse cards over the weekend, they're in the post below.
 Now I'm out of white Fun Foam, but I've ordered some self adhesive sheets from E-Bay.



Took myself out to town for a walk today, and as I often do, paid The Range a visit.


These small wooden snowflakes- I have some larger ones from Kaisercraft.


Also some small Christmas wood shapes,both lots by DoCrafts.

Tubs of sequins- £1.50 each, and the bag of blue ones was a £1.



 4 Different colours in each pot, a real bargain.









So that me done, just leaves
..........................And Finally

25 comments:

Helen said...

those snowflakes are fab! looks like you are in full Christmas mode.. though the birthday cards are great fun. Have a great week Helen #??

Claire said...

Those eclipse cards are very elegant! And I have a set of the wee wooden snowflakes :)
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire, no. 1

glitterandglue said...

Morning Shaz. Great looking cards there today - and some lovely finds on your wander into town. I love the final picture! I reckon I can multitask like that too!
Take care girl. God bless.
Margaret #2

Annie said...

Hi Shaz....what fab new stash this week and the latest cards are really fab.
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lolol at the And Finally - it's a skill I've perfected too! I love the guitar cards, they're perfect for all ages and the eclipse cards are really beautiful, you are clever!
And I'm happy to be close to normal....the real thing is boring :-D
Hugs LLJ 6 xxxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

You've been very prolific, Shaz! Wonderful cards and a great haul from the Range. I haven't been back there since May when I quit - it would be too awkward going back - I'll wait a few more months hoping that everybody else leaves in the meanwhile LOL so I can go back as a customer without it being awkward! Happy #487! zsuzsa #19

Jan said...

I'm loving your cards. I'm struggling with card making at the mo! I will give the eclipse technique another go.
I added a photo of the lights I used but I can't see a brand. Thanks for the visit xx Jan (18)

Shoshi said...

My goodness, you've been busy, Shaz. I'd never heard of eclipse cards before, and have just read your previous post with interest. Quite a lot of work, but well worth it for the effect, which is gorgeous! I love the delicate colours and the snowflakes. Nice lot of pretty embellishments and things on your desk too. Love the funny! I think that's one for my hubby, except that he's not all that good at the first one!

Thank you for your comment, and you weren't the only one to be reminded of galaxies with my boxes! As for bags, I am already using convex ones. I was back on flat ones after my operation in March while things healed up, and then I started getting horrendous leaks and tried everything without success, till I remembered it had been the same first time round, until the stoma nurse put me on convex bags, so I tried my old convex bags and sorted the problem overnight. The trouble with parastomal hernias is that they tend to make the surrounding area very unstable which can make the stoma retract and cause leaks. This is what was happening before my last operation, and I was really hoping history wasn't repeating itself now, but I think it may have been because I was putting too much pressure on the area by wearing a second support garment. It's been fine since. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion - it was a good one. Convex bags rock! Hope you are OK these days and no more problems.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #15

Neet said...

Lovely cards Shaz - but I did wonder what are Eclipse? Then `I saw your post below and realised you had a full explanation. I love the music birthday cards - from one of your favourite vendors by any chance?
Thanks for your tip on removing fibres - I gave up to babywipes when I saw the Lawn Fawn cloths but I do sometimes use the babywipes. Old habits and all that.
Hugs to you two
Neet xxxx

Darlene said...

i luv your christmas cards ! I always use wipes - perhaps time for a change . thx for the tip
Darlene #20

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, Great Christmas cards. Loving the snowflakes.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #12

Plush Possum Studio said...

LOVE the snow card. Lovely work! Eyes are getting tired, so i'll say no more.
xo Rose #27

Christine said...

Thanks for your visit earlier, we had a smashing time.
love those eclipse cards, your snowflakes are beautiful, love them.
have a good week
Christine #21

Sarah Brennan said...

Nice stash from The Range Shaz. Look forward to seeing the blog post of those cards. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Monica said...

Like the guitar cards but unable to enlarge. Have a good week
Monica


Caro said...

Those birthday cards are gorgeous and fun, and I love the Christmas cards. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. God bless, Caro x (#29)

Heather M said...

Hi Shaz, I've not been to the Range in a few weeks - withdrawal symptoms may kick in soon! Sonethjng like the guitar cards would be perfect for my music mad nephews, always struggle with male cards. Have a lovely week Heather x #28

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, you have a busy desk there even though you've tidied up a bit. And your cards are all fabulous and the wooden snowflakes look really useful, as do the sequins. I use kitchen paper to wipe away the soapy residue left by the baby wipes I'm using at the moment but it looks like I'd be better using mocrofibre cloths instead. Have a wonderful week. Elizabeth x #17

StampinCarol said...

Your guitar man cards are pretty cool! And I love the Eclipse cards! Never tried them using white fun foam, hmmmm. And what pretty little snowflakes and sequins! And finally, your quote is an absolute hoot!
Have a great week!
Carol N #20

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Shaz, busy lady. Loving the collection of cards. Happy belated woyww, Angela x13x

Marit said...

I'm good in multitasking that way too *grin* I love the cards with the guitarist! I'm not into X-mas decorating/crafting but you did find some great embellishments I must say. Thanks for your visit earlier this week, happy belated woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #10

Twiglet said...

Ha ha - that's my kind of multitasking these days too!! Your cards are fab - I brought some back from the crop but can't decide who deserves one!! lol They are so neat and classy! xx Jo

Dorlene Durham said...

Very cool music stamps and cards. I absolutely LOVE them! Have a great week. Dorlene #26

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Shaz, all those eclipse cards look super. that is such a cool design. ~Stacy #30

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Shaz your funny is def me!! Great cards just checking them out, clever clever idea!
Kinda adjusting to bring Downunder again. Walks are wonderful. That’s really what I missed as some places simply not doable. Can’t cope with no walks .. you dud well on yours!
Prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x

An End of an era

An end of an era

I write this with a broken heart, that only time can heal My beautiful, wonderful wifelet Shaz (Silverwolf) passed away peacefully in the ea...